My struggle and over coming it

As a young kid I had an accident, at 5 years old I cracked my head open on the sidewalk. I was lucky my father was there when It happened, I had gashed open the left side above the eye brow and cause damage to the brain. It brought a life struggle with it. Today it leaves me with a major slurs of my words and it’s hard to communicate sometimes. It gave me that Lonly feeling, I felt damaged and unimportant because no one wanted to hear me. Over the course of my teenage years I was bullied and pushed around. I was different from the rest. I carried a scar that showed all the time. But things changed when my father showed me how to play the drums. I fell in love because I did not have to speak to play. I felt at home, complete. I played everyday nonstop, I started falling behind in school because of it. Do I regret it? Absolutely not, it made me happy and gave me purpose to keep on going. Today I’m playing stronger than ever. My next goal is to set foot on the big stage and make my father proud and show him how far I can really go in life playing. It’s more than a dream to me. It’s everything! Sorry if my grammar is terrible on this post haha little bit emotional. Thank you for listening I hope you fine your path in life please message me if you guys have problems your facing I’d love to listen and help anyway I can! Thank you
-Tanner

@Tannernichols

I am so glad that you found an outlet and a passion that makes you feel alive! That is so awesome! By you sharing your story, you could be giving hope to others who feel like there’s no hope. Keep inspiring others!

1 Like

That’s awesome! I am so glad you found something that works for you! Keep on being positive and being a light to others!

1 Like

That’s amazing! I also had an injury when I was young that left a big scar. I can imagine the isolation you felt, and it’s not fair. I’m glad your dad was there to support you & that you have found your passion!

1 Like

@Tannernichols, thank you for sharing your story, it’s very inspiring.
I know you can make it to the big stage, and I’m happy for you.

1 Like