My trauma won't go away

From 1st grade through 6th grade, I was bullied by students and teachers. It had gotten to the point where I would come home crying every day because they made me feel stupid, worthless, useless, etc. The teachers would punish me just for getting confused on assignments and quizzes. They would also get in my face, yell at me, and they would verbally & emotionally abuse me. My math teacher even almost backed me into a corner once just because I got an answer on a test incorrect, and that’s just to name a few incidents.

Ever since being taken out of that specific public school 4 years ago, I’ve been suffering from nightmares, flashbacks, and anxiety attacks relating to my traumatic experiences. I’m reminded of the pain I felt so many years ago every. single. day. I just want the bad memories to stop… I wish they would just go away… but they won’t.

You’re not alone. The world belongs to you. That’s the past, and you can do whatever you want. Take a breath, sort through your mind, move through it and on. I believe in you. I know you’re unbreakable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

im so sorry this has happened to you . you are not alone and im glad you got taken out of school. this shouldnt have happened to you or anyone . you are loved and you will always will be loved

Hey! Have you thought about seeing a therapist? I’ve been in a similar situation before in 7th grade. This type of thing really screws you up. I hope you feel better soon! Stay safe. Stay alive. ll-//

I’m currently in therapy right now, and it’s been helping me a lot with my depression, anxiety and self-harm. however, i missed my last session due to me being sick. i hate missing sessions because stuff builds up pretty quickly for me, so i needed another platform to vent to.

1 Like

Thats hard. I’m glad you are getting help though!