My words of encouragement for you all

I found out about this website tonight and have read through many of the posts here. I know what it’s like to hurt and have been depressed most of my life. I’m 32 years old now and finally feel like my depression might be over. But how? (Btw, I hope this post is okay. I’m only trying to be helpful)

I think as humans, we feel stress way too much. Stress changes the chemical compositions in our brains and as a result we start to feel like poop. We judge ourselves and also worry about what others think of us. We’ll tell ourselves we’re not good enough and compare ourselves to our friends who are better looking, more successful, etc. The truth is, we are all unique and beautiful and we all belong on this planet.

When you look at yourself in the mirror, look deep into your eyes. That person you’re looking at is the universe starring back at you. Our consciousness can be thought of as the universe thinking for itself. As you’re in front of the mirror I want you to remember one important thing. You are more than just your reflection, you are your mind. That person you’re looking at can do anything they want if the truly believe in it. Close your eyes and picture yourself pursuing what you truly love with no fears or hesitations. What are you doing in your vision? Really put yourself there and immerse yourself in what you’re thinking of. Positive thinking creates a positive reality and by just eliminating negative thoughts you can start to heal yourself. You need to TRULY start believing in yourself and keep the negative thoughts away or things will not get better. If you do this, you’ll be amazed at how good life starts to feel and how you begin to feel like you have a purpose.

There is a really good instagram account I follow called the.holistic.psychologist - she is absolutely amazing at healing the mind through some of the techniques she has developed.

If you’re into consciousness / the universe / what the purpose of life is, I started an activist blog / movement where I’m trying to help change the world for the better. I think what I’ve written might be helpful to some of you and do not hesitate to get in touch. (I am only posting this to potentially help someone, please do not donate to my patreon) mentallyevolve.com

When you think of plans for yourself, you must really believe in them or they will not come true.
When we think of plans for humanity, we must really believe them or they will not come true.
When we think of our plans for the universe, we must really believe them or they will not come true.
You must truly believe in your reality or it will not come true.

Negative thoughts will keep you in a cycle of negativity. I hope you can one day break those chains.

2 Likes

Hi friend, welcome to the forums! Good to have you! Thanks for sharing so much! I’ll be sure to check out the things you shared!

We are close in age. So that’s cool. I’d love to read more on your journey.

I hope that I see you around and we can get to know each other more!