Nerves and family

this isn’t that much but ive gotta go to anxiety counseling tomorrow because i had a panic attack the other day, and my mums gonna be in the room with the therapist/counselor so i wont be able to actually say why i had a panic attack my life is fucking great :confused:

I’m so sorry friend, that sucks.

Perhaps you could consider actually telling your mum the reason behind you panic attack, she may actually be able to help you more than you think. If not could you potentially arrange another counselling session on your own, without your mum?

Try not to worry too much I’m sure everything will be fine, the only reason you’re there is to try and help you.

Hold fast friend,
Love Luna :heart:

1 Like

Man, that really sucks. Is there any way you could ask your mom for privacy? Or ask the counselor to talk just one on one? You can just prepare an answer so when your mom asks you, “Why?” you can just say something like, “because I feel more comfortable talking by myself, and I’d like to take this opportunity to talk to the counselor one on one”

1 Like

I think it may be best to just ask for some privacy and let your mom know you will talk to her when you feel comfortable!

@oneforyouoneforme,

I’m so sorry to hear how you are feeling especially with your Mom being in the room tomorrow for counseling. I think it is completely normal to simply ask your Mom to be absent from the meeting with the counselor and if she can always speak to the counselor separately and you can always fill her in after you speak with the counselor. At the end of the day, your health and help comes first and foremost. You got this!

-L