Physical pain every Single day

I have a degenerative bone disease and I’m in constant pain, I am literally half the person I was five years ago. I’m in pain 24 hours a day, I live on pain medication, I feel like I am a burden to my family. I wake up every day thinking “God I can’t do this again”. My life is unlivable.

2 Likes

you are not a burden and your life is not unlivable. Pain can cause a lot of extra feelings and confusion. I broke my back and still live with pain. No i cannot do some of the things i used to, but the value of life comes form the fact that you are alive. you have a bigger purpose then you could know. Im sorry that right now you cant see that and that life and body are hurting. your feelings are valid. I encourage you to look passed your feelings though and grab onto hope. You have no clue how you story of perseverance might affect the life of another person in the future so do not give up. Hold fast.

1 Like

Hi Maggie,

As someone who lives with a lot of mental and physical health issues, I understand this emotion. I fight with chronic pain on a daily basis a long with a lot of crippling health issues. It makes day to day activities very difficult and I often have to rely on others for help. I’ll always need help and that often makes me feel like a burden. I fight with feeling insignificant constantly.

You are not alone in this.

But you are important. You are valued. And how you feel is very valid. You have to know that it isn’t your fault that you battle with your health issues and it doesn’t make you a burden. I know it’s hard to believe that some days since I also go through this. But just know that someone here cares about you and is here to listen if you need.

I know the feeling of life being unlivable. But it can be! We just have to find those who give us strength and support and loves us unconditionally for who we are. And surround ourselves with people who lift us up. And if we can’t find that we have to try our best to hang onto the things that give us strength, happiness and hope. It took me a long time to know how to do that. Therapy has helped a lot.

I hope you are able to find peace and comfort somewhere my friend. I’ll be thinking about you and am sending you so much love.

• Kitty
2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words.

2 Likes

Thank you, life is a daily struggle, but with help I think I can be OK.

2 Likes

Maggie, you are not a burden. I can see where you are coming from feeling like your life is unlivable, but the fact of the matter is that you are a beautiful soul and that your strength to have lived with such a burden is so inspirational and a testament to the strength of your heart. You are not alone, I too live with a progressive condition (not as severe as a degenerative bone disease), but I’ve also been around and worked with individuals with muscular dystrophy and I understand the weight that this bears. Your life is worth living, and while you may not believe that now I hope you begin to see that in the future. Wishing you all the love and happiness your heart can carry!

Hey Maggie,
Although I can’t necessarily relate to your exact condition, I will keep you in my prayers. Sometimes in life we live with tons of shit that we never really get answers to. You should listen to Healing Hands by Convictions. It has been a huge inspiration to me when I go through times of physical pain. Stay strong!

• Jayden