Psycho thoughts

Sometimes I feel like I don’t belong. I have everything to make a good future for myself (school, work, friends, a house, money) but these feelings are here. I feel stuck. I feel lonely. I feel like I need to hurt people mentally and break them with my words, even though they didn’t do me wrong. As a coping mechanism I find the bottle and cigarettes. I’m not easily addicted to antything, but I feel lonely, helpless and irrelevant most of the time and booze and cigarettes help me to get cope with these feelings. Coping isn’t the way to say it, I run away from confronting myself and this is my way out. My ex boyfriend (or as you can call it now: my friend with benefits) has a good impact on me, but I still love him so much. I’m drunk right now. I just wish that I could feel better. I’m a optimistic person and I don’t understand why I can’t feel that way. One day I’ll get a therapist who understands me and is able to break through my big wall of emotions. Until that day I have to do it myself. One day I’ll feel better, one day…

1 Like

Hey @Ayefilet,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through a rough time right now.

I feel like there is something deeper here, and a counselor can definitely help find that for you. I could be wrong, but my best guess is that your urge to break people could be a bi-product of anger, rooted in a source of sadness. Once you can pinpoint the root of your sadness and beat your demons, everything else should naturally fade away. Keep us updated!

-Eric

Sorry to hear that you’re struggling with loneliness. It’s a common but very difficult problem. My best friend is going through a similar struggle, although your story and everyone’s story is certainly unique.

First of all, I want to say that simply having a coping mechanism is a great start. But I would suggest to, when you’re ready, try to search for some other, healthier alternatives — working out, going for a walk, playing music, talking to family.

Also, seeing a therapist is a great idea for anybody. I don’t think there is a single human being in this world who could not benefit from seeing a licensed psychologist. It’s tough sometimes to find someone who gets you and can actually help, but if that’s something you want, I think it’s worth the time and effort to find that person. I would highly encourage you to do that.

I promise you that you are not alone. You have us here, you have family, co-workers, friends — you are not alone. That means you should not have to overcome struggles and carry your burdens alone. Talk to a friend you trust. Explain how you’re feeling. I really believe at least one of your friends will be able and willing to help you through this.

There is hope. There is an end to every storm. We believe in you.

Hey Aye,

I want to first let you know that you aren’t a psycho, you just have intrusive thoughts. They happen to a lot of people, but as long as you don’t act on them, then they’re mostly harmless. I would recommend reaching out to someone about that though, like a mental health professional. I personally lack the insight into the topic at this moment to give a better response to it.

That being said, keep up your optimistic mindset. Turn that one day I will get better into a today I will get better. That one day won’t come until you stare it in the face and tell it that today is that day. Be proactive in that journey. Seek the help you need. We’ve all got your back and are here to help you succeed.

Hold fast,
Nate