Pushing my family away

i’ve been thinking ever since i had a huge fight with my mom yesterday. She said a lot of hurtful things but that is okay. i know she was hurt and angry, i get it. I’m different from my family. I talk to them, but i’m not personal. I hide my secrets and dreams because i know they’d disapprove. And don’t get me wrong, they are not bad people. But they can be harsh with teaching because that’s the only way they know. I can’t let them in cause they’d just disapprove of everything. But i dont want my mom yelling at me for not letting her in either. And i cant just explain to them, they won’t listen, they’re really stubborn. Please help me. I feel so disconnected and like i am a failure and disappointment. Please give advice

Hi friend,

It sounds like you’re having a really hard time connecting with your family. It’s okay that you are different from them. No one deserves to have hurtful things said to them, and I can tell you are a very understanding person by the things you say about your family. I’m sorry that you were hurt by your mother’s words yesterday. If you can’t talk to your mom and dad is there anyone else in your family or a close friend that you could open up to about this. That would be a great place to start. Thinking of you.

Hold Fast