Recent rough time

recently my mental health has been really low, i haven’t been on this site for a few months now and i got back on here and looked at the replies to the last one i posted and it was such a nice thing to read through, anyways i was really alright for a while and recently because of breaks from stuff ive been kind of isolated? nd its completely killed my mental health as im stuck in a house where im deadnamed and misgendered a lot, its been hard for me to be genuinely recently for the last few months and i have relapsed a few times but they weren’t too recent but its completely killing me, and having to go back to school soon is fucking up my anxiety so much and its making the smallest things really hard to enjoy? like literally things like playing games with my friends and stuff has been super hard and talking to some of them in general

1 Like

Welcome back! I’m glad you’re back :slight_smile:
Relapse happens a lot in recovery - have you looked into ReWrite? HeartSupport’s self harm help book… (It can work for any addiction tho!) and there’s a whole chapter in there on relapse! The guys have been going over each chapter with the author of the book on their Twitch live stream, which if you can’t get a copy right away, you could catch up on and follow with us! I highly recommend ordering one tho so you can work on the journalling in the back.

is there someone that you can talk too at school? School counsellor? A teacher you trust? Student support of any type? Maybe even just one of your friends that you trust - pull them to the side seperatly so you can talk to them in private.
You’re not alone. Keep us updated <3

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like

i didnt know about that, i usually cant watch streams as my wifi isnt great but ill try get the book or get to the streams !! thanks for saying

i have a counselor but i have massive trust issues because something that happened with one of my old counselors so its super hard to try say anything and my anxiety kinda restricts me but ive been tryna get myself to be able to say it

Hm. I understand the thing with the counsellor 100% I’m the same way. The thing that helped me was taking an item from someone I trusted/that reminds me of someone I trust to my sessions… Even though he wasn’t physically there, the thought of being around him makes me feel safe, and so having the little reminder that he’s there for me no matter what really helped.
Another way you can do it is show your counsellor the post? Or write a letter explaining this stuff and how you’re feeling? They will understand you’re finding it hard to be honest about some things and they can help you work on it.
I have someone now I’m doing decent work with because she tailors to the fact I have huge trust issues and i promise you it worth it.
If you need help finding the books, let me know and I’ll get you some links!

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like