Sad after concert

Hi. I attended a concert for Troye Sivan 2 weeks ago. Ever since that I have been crazy depressed. As crazy as it sounds, I don’t know what the point of life is anymore without having a fun event to look forward to or go to. I have been mildly obsessed with this singer for about a year now, and it was a dream come true when I saw this concert. It was the best day of my whole entire life! We got front row seats, and stayed waiting outside the venue all day. Overall, the experience was mind blowing. Now I will look back at those little things and just get a big wave of sadness. For example, I cannot eat at the place I got food from when I was waiting outside the venue, it brings back flashbacks and makes me think “the last time I was eating this I was so happy” and look at how much life sucks without this event. It is the worst feeling to just go back to a basic way of living after such an amazing thing happened. I mean, when I am having a hard time at work I just think of how happy I was at that time 2 weeks ago or something and that shatters my heart into a million pieces. I get these random waves of sadness and it stops me from doing normal activities and just being happy in general. Also, it sucks to see the artist just moving along to other states on tour and seeing how happy other people are. It also makes it worse because I met the artist and had a meaningful conversation with them and that just makes me so sad that they probably forgot me and forgot my states concert and everything. My friends and family think I am totally crazy for reacting this way too a concert but I realized that others feel this type of pain too. Is there any coping methods anybody has to get through this?

Thanks.

I get that way too, actually. The best way I work on it is to look at other concerts in my area whether it be a metal show or a local bad. Going to small pubs to catch a solo artist is on way I’ve worked on my depression and anxiety especially post-concert depression. Watching youtube videos from that night and watching other concert videos help a lot too. This feeling will pass, hold fast my friend.
Ethan.

Hey @dancetothis,

I’m so sorry to hear you’re having a hard time. I love concerts and it always sucks when you count down the days and then it seems like it passes so quickly.

Did you make any friends at the show? One of the things I try to do is make a couple friends at the show and then try to hang with them outside of it. It’s always nice to know there are people that love an artist as much as you.

I hope that encourages you!

Hold Fast,
-SJ

Hi @dancetothis ,

first off love your username. it’s one of my favorite songs off troye’s album :slight_smile: but I 100% know how you feel. I have the same problem , I always try and record atleast a thirty second clip of my favorite song from the person I’m seeing and I just replay it whenever I need to. I’m glad you had fun though. something else I was considering was if you go to a lot of shows you can always make a scrapbook of each concert if you take pictures. I like doing stuff related to art cause it helps me remember concerts in a fun way. Or something else I have found that works is getting a cork board or anything really that will hold up pictures and putting it on your wall. I have a cork board above my bed of bands I’ve met and pictures from concerts. and I have some on my work area. I hope you are able to find something that will help you.

positive vibes

alyssa

Hey there @dancetothis,

Those post-event blues are definitely not a great feeling to have, and I’m sorry you’re going through such a hard time. It’s a common feeling for very many people, especially after a huge event that means something important to them.

The best thing you can do is to look forward to the next time you can see Troye Sivan’s concert again. Until then, like everyone here has suggested, search for new social events to take part in & integrate with the other attendees. Network with new people who have similar interests and hobbies, and such. You may find a pleasant surprise or two along the way among the good vibes.

Take the moments you had at the concert for what they meant to you, but try not to let that overwhelm your meaning of happiness. Encourage yourself to find a healthy balance between looking forward to the larger joys and the simpler pleasures you already appreciate. I can relate to this. I had a point in my life where I thought moving to Seattle to live with my best friends on the internet I’ve met in-real-life would improve my quality of life. However, my finances are not ideal, and I already have family & pets to help & care for. Moving to another state from across the country is nigh impossible for me at my current point in time. I had to take a more realistic view towards that goal, and I found that it helped me to look for other outlets until that time came. Perhaps moving will happen in the future, and I can at least look forward to that much.

It’s about living life day by day. We’re rooting for you, and we know you can find your path to do the same. =]

-WrathOfKarma

Hey DanceToThis!

I hope youre recovering a bit. I use to live like this a lot when i had a 9-5 job without much passion. When i found content creation on the internet and became passionate about that, the daily life became so much easier because i had that passion. Here is what our community thought.

I know you can push through this!

2 Likes