Saddened and Depressed by Suffering

I am very saddened and depressed by the suffering of children, women and men in this World; also, the terrible cruelty towards so many animals. It really gets my down and makes me feel mostly helpless to stop it all.

Hi friend,
thanks for sharing this with us! I totally agree. It is really sad. You can do a lot to get involved and help in any way you can! there’s a lot of local shelters, organizations that you can get involved with that will help in one way or another. You have a very beautiful heart and I’m so glad you are noticing the things in the world that need fixing. I wanna encourage you to keep helping in any way you can.
The sad truth is that there is always going to be hurt in this world. It’s not fair, but you can help. I know you are capable of doing great things and maybe getting involved in your community, volunteering at animal shelters, etc. will make you feel better, reassure you that you’re doing something great for a great cause and that in the end everything is going to be okay.
Love you friend.

Thank you, Nicole. I’m not sure “everything will be okay in the end” though… This World is messed up and there has already been far, far, far too much suffering of people and animals.

Hi Chardonnay.
I don’t know if what I have to say will help, but it might.
The truth…
Its not so much the world, as it is the US government and lack of humanity unifying on common ground in order to better our selves as a whole. Generally the vast majority of pain and suffering stems from corruption in places of power. Whether it be corporate or government.
If you want to make a difference that will have a actual impact it is important that you understand that money is at the root of every issue. Money is power. And corporations know this.
Think of money as a voting card. Every time you buy a product, you are voting to keep that product around. For example: when you buy Organic food you are making a statement that says you care about your health and that of the health of your kids. Buying non organic says that not only do you not care about your health, but you prefer to be poisoned by herbicide as well. You can choose to give money to those trying to change the world for the better, or you can give it to evil that sees humanity as nothing more than a dollar sign. Where the money goes, corporations follow. If there is no money to made in evil deeds, evil will cease to exist.
Pay those trying to make a difference, and intern, they can change the world. Research everything.
Greed, Selfishness, and extreme consumerism is major issue in the US.
Sadly most people care more about a new pair of shoes, when they already have ten. Then they do another persons life. People just dont give a shit. Lost in the endless grind that is “modern society” And when that happens, people become blind to the fact they are loosing their liberties daily in the process.
I guess what im trying to say is the problem as a whole (world suffering) is FAR too much
for any one person to take on. In fact, I’ve spent fifteen years of my life trying to do so. Im done. The one thing that has been the most effective, oddly enough, is not participating in US society. I live off grid now. Solar power, food gardens, etc. I have full control of my life and I can die knowing that I am not supporting those that take life.
The hurt for those that suffer never goes away Chardonnay, no matter what you do or how many people you help. I still cry when I think about how truly fucked up everything is, but I get some sense of peace knowing that im no longer fueling the suffering of others. Take Care.