Same mistakes everyday

I struggle every day for motivation. I keep procrastinating because nothing brings me joy anymore. I want to give up on school. I haven’t been truly happy for so long, I’m not sure I remember how to be. I keep letting my family down. Why can’t I just get things right?

1 Like

Hi friend. I’m sorry that you’re feeling like this. You’re not alone in this feeling of not getting joy from things you used too and it’s easy to fall into the mindset that we are doing “wrong” if our work doesn’t get noticed. There’s no one reason behind these feelings and it’s something you will need to explore… reach out to ANYONE in your immediate life if you can. A friend, family member. Even a mental health service. Some advise for now; take it easy. Focus on your self care NEEDS and other things will come.

Hold fast.
Kayla

1 Like

Hey @StrugglingArtist,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through a really rough season right now. We’re here for you and we want to see you beat these negative feelings!

We are all human and we WILL all make mistakes - no one is perfect. The trick is to learn to be kind to yourself and to forgive yourself through the mistakes. Here is a scene from Rocky that I LOVE watching whenever I feel beaten down by life, and I hope it inspires you too:

-Eric

1 Like

Hey friend,

You are not alone. First of all, we all love and care about you — you are never a burden to us nor could you ever let us down. Secondly, many of us can understand that struggle. Though your story is different and unique, your struggle is not. Lots of us have been there. It sucks. That’s the mindset that makes some people give up hope. But the good news is that you can get past this. It is ALWAYS possible.

I can totally relate to going long stretches without being able to find joy in anything, and making the same mistakes too often. One solace for me has been music. Listening to music too loudly in the car, screaming along to some of my favorite songs, and talking with friends about shared music taste. The last one is not something you can easily encounter every day, but I bet it would be easier to find than you expect once you start trying to connect with people that way. It was certainly easier than I expected.

As for letting your family down, I can almost guarantee that they feel differently about those things from the way you do. You are not a burden to your family no matter how much they may make you feel that way. Your family is there to support you. If they are not showing you love and support, that is not your fault. It sucks, and I’m really sorry, but it is not your fault. You are not a burden.

I would urge you to do something small every day to better someone else’s day. This is one of the things I have found brings me joy even in the darkest times (though in many dark times I don’t have the clarity of mind to even try to do this). If you can bring this into your everyday routine, I think it will help. Over time, it will become more of a habit, and you will begin looking for opportunities to go out of your way to make other people happy. This is a sure way to make yourself feel better while making others feel better. It’s a win-win.

I’m really sorry you feel this way, and thank you so much for being courageous enough to share this with our community. Please reach out more if you need more from us. You are never a burden and we want to help as much as we can in any way we can.

You are loved, and you are important in this world. Thank you for being you.

Hold fast, we believe in you.
Zachary

2 Likes

@StrugglingArtist,

Thank you fir sharing your heart and what you are going through right now!

Battling hope and failure can be so difficult to maneuver. You have value and worth and in the midst of fighting for hope, remember that you can do this. We are here for you and there is no judgement.

Stay strong and hold fast!

-L

1 Like