Scared about self-harm and what my future is

First off sorry for posting so much but I just need a place to get things out. Any suggestions on how to get things off my chest besides here. So I haven’t self harmed in about a week, and im really proud of myself. It’s been hard, but not everything is easy. Why this is happening to me? Why should I have to go through this? I don’t understand why I’m hurting myself. I try to make sense of why I self harm because I really sometimes don’t know. I don’t know how to handle this. This is one of the most difficult things I’ve had to face. I’m better off dead. Nothing is working to help me realize that I can stop and I have always been able to. Why? Why is the question I’m always asking myself. I wish people would understand me. No one realizes what I’m going through all with exception of one person. What if I never stop self harming? What if I do this for the rest of my life? I don’t want to do this for the rest of my life. I wish people would understand me and understand why and that it’s not for the reasons people think. The only people who understand me have gone through self harm before. What is the point in living if this is what I’m gonna be going through?:pensive::disappointed::confounded::persevere:

1 Like

@Angie, first off I’m really proud of you for not hurting yourself in a week. It’s hard to stop, and I know it’s frustrating that you don’t know why.
To let things out, I would say finding something you can pour yourself out into. And also keeping busy, working on something. Like learning an instrument, or working to draw. Or going through muscle strength program.
I know how it feels to have no one understand you, and I’m sorry about that. Everyone is different, and there’s a lot of reasons for cutting. Sit down and think for a while over yourself. Do you do it to relieve yourself of stress? Because you think you deserve it? I believe you can find the answer, just take a long look for it.
People around you won’t always understand but that doesn’t mean you won’t find others.

Whenever you feel lonely, listen to this: Saviour - Black Veil Brides

2 Likes

Hey friend!
Yea good job, you’re doing great!!
remember to celebrate the tiny victories in life too!
Friend, don’t overthink. Believe in yourself. You are capable. You are able. God’s with you and He’s there to help. I know He did and does with me when everything feels hopeless. I’ve learned to just trust that He’s got the things we worry about in the palm of His Hand. He’s got you. :slight_smile: idk if you believe that or not but just thought i share :slight_smile:
you’re strong Angie, you’re doing great. Keep moving and if you feel, that’s okay just get back up. It’s not about how many times you fall, but what matters is that you get up and keep going.
you’ve already come so far! i believe in you! Just thought i share these songs :slight_smile: praying for you friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes