Self Doubt and Bogged Down

I’ve been seeing a therapist and trying to work through strategies for these types of things, but maybe it’s also good to write it down somewhere.

I feel like I need to be doing more constantly. I don’t finish my homework adequately, I don’t talk to my friends enough, I haven’t been persistent enough about a job for the summer to get myself income for my next semester back to school. I can’t keep up with the pace of school work even after asking for extensions and more. I feel like I’m mentally capable, but I just don’t have enough time to get things done to the standard I want. It’s never good enough.

I’ve been advised to segment things in my life and focus at one thing at a time, take the stresses that are immediate and think them through and how I’m responding to them piecemeal, take adequate breaks to prevent overload and exhaustion. It feels like I cant take that time to do even that task division and planning, which gets me more behind because i slow down, which means I need to do those things more and I cripple myself under “I’m not doing this right or fast enough” or whatever else.

I wanted to do some fast-track program for a masters degree, but I dont think I can get the grades I need to qualify this semester. I keep looking for internships and see a giant gap in what people are looking for and the work experiences I want, which makes me feel like I’m wasting my time with college and should do a different track. I dont wanna let my family know I’m struggling to such a bad extent because I feel like I’m being a disappointment.

I could go on, I’m just venting for the moment

Hi friend,
thanks for sharing this with us. I totally understand what you’re saying it’s super hard and difficult to deal with. But I know you can do it. I know you are capable of great things and you are so smart!
I wanna encourage you to not overwork yourself. Maybe making a daily planner for yourself and making a REASONABLE schedule where you get enough done for the week but won’t make you feel overwhelmed. I really hope you find a system that works for you!
We love you friend. You will get through this and I know that you are a very strong person.
Love you friend. Stay strong

1 Like