Self harm i cant do this who do i trust anyone

Yesterday I told Staff here that i have sharp objects in my rooms and i told her to come and take them she told bring them to her i told her if i touch them i will use them so i told her to come and take them and she dont even come and IDK who i trust anyone i give up i feel like nobody give a fuck and dont take me seriously me giving up my razors is a big thing for me its a road to recovery it keep asking myself does it matter anymore if i kill myself who would anyone care

1 Like

Dear @Jaceofspade,
If the staff refuse to help, then they shouldn’t be there. Nevertheless, it’s your choice to pick up the razors. Be strong: don’t pick them up. I know it may be difficult, but you have to be strong. You matter to us, everyone in this community cares about you. Keep your head up high🙂

1 Like

Jace. I’m sorry you’re struggling like this. I know how hard it is to give up your blades. I keep going back to mine and then being told to give them up again and again. Giving up prescription painkillers was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. Throwing them away for that first time - oh my god it was horrendous. I’m now 31 days clean. I’ve had my addictions for just under 7 years. It is possible. Keep reaching out here. We got you.

Hold fast
Kayla

2 Likes

Hey @Jaceofspade,

Is it protocol for the staff to be given the objects as opposed to hunt for them? It probably isn’t because they don’t care about you, but if they hunt for the sharp objects then they might accidentally get cut, themselves. I’m sure there’s good reasoning behind why the acted the way they did, because they care about you (or else they won’t even be there!).

-Eric

2 Likes

Jaceofspade,
I am from Team Out of the Ashes I have experience kind of with what you are going through, I used to cut all the time from the time I was 12 to 19 and recovery is possible I know that for a fact. If you told them to remove the sharp objects and they didn’t I would ask their higher ups to talk to them about it and if they still don’t do it they shouldn’t be staff there to be honest. I think that the harder you fight the weaker the struggle becomes till you overcome it, you will be in my thoughts.

2 Likes

Thank you guys ;( this is not first time they did this i have ask them to take a razo out one day i was cleaning a room and i ask them to take it out and they don’t and now this time does it reallly matter anymore ;( and today i got trigger because someone comparing life they like “i was wrost life then 20 year” i just state that they dont know my past and i need to expain it because it don’t matter

1 Like

Could you have someone in your room/outside your door whilst you pick it up and it to them instead of them having to come and find it if they’re refusing? Don’t let someone else bring you down. Your stories are both unique.

Hold fast
Kayla

2 Likes

I like that idea
thank you Kayla

2 Likes

Let me know if that works for you <3

Hold fast
Kayla

1 Like