Separation anxiety

A couple of days ago, I found out I have separation anxiety. This means I’ll get really attached to people, and then if they leave, I’ll have almost an anxiety attack. This really sucks because my dad, someone I’m super attached to, works 24-hour shifts for work. He has to work overtime tomorrow meaning I won’t see him until Monday. As he is working for the fire department, I have a lot more anxiety for him being out on the job. Someone else I was super attached to, I can’t see anymore due to my mother. I really miss my dad and stepdad and I can’t do anything about it. I used to be able to combat it with my puppies, but I can’t do that anymore. I’m just really worried right now

Thanks for sharing this with us. With finding out about the separation anxiety have you talked to any professionals on different coping strategies? Does it help at all to keep your mind busy on things while your dad is working?

CBT & DBT therapy might help you. I don’t know if you have a therapist or not. (If you do ask them)

Be strong.