Sexuality and gender

I’m having trouble with determining what I identify as, and it’s causing me mental strain. My grades are falling, I’m just not doing good overall and I don’t know what to do

Well, if you’re not sure, maybe you should just wait and see what happens in the future - I guess it could also mean your are bi-sexual, but what do I know?

Hey friend,

I understand what you mean. It took me years to figure out my gender and sexuality. I even identified as genderfluid for a few years before coming to terms that I am non-binary. If you haven’t already, you could research a bit about different sexualities and genders to see if one fits best for you (the LGBT wikipedia page is a great place to start). Try “identifying” as a gender or sexuality - just like how many trans people “try out” new names. If you have already done those things and your academic situation isn’t getting better, maybe you can try talking to a counselor, therapist, or trusted adult about your situation.

Hope this helps! Feel free to reach out to me on here or discord if you want to chat.

Hold fast <3

love,
sophic

Hi, Archie
I can relate to you about struggling with identity. I have been dealing with my sexuality since I was 10 and 10 years on I am still figuring out who I am, and the thing about sexuality and gender identity is we are constantly evolving.

Just to let you know, you don’t need to decide who you are by the end of the day or year, it’s okay to be changing. You never need to feel pressured to figure who you are.

If there is a local LGBT+ club at your school or locally try joining! You’ll learn a lot about sexuality & gender. Remember you are not alone, stay strong friend. <3

Hey Archie!

I’m definitely in the same boat of not knowing my identification. I’m trying to figure out if I identify as non-binary. I never related to my breasts and I always try to smush them in sports bras.

However, if this means I have body dysmorphia, am actually transgender, or if I am genderfluid. I just have no idea, so I’m exploring what others have done and googling a lot (there’s not a lot of information out there! AHHH!)

But I did find this!

I still don’t really know, but I’m happy to know that I don’t know and the journey to figuring it out is going to be fun! I’m going to try men’s clothing! I’m going to try binding my breasts! And if all fails, I’ve got that traditional societal label at the end of the day.

I hope you feel better soon. <3

Hey Archie

I dont personally struggle in the same way but I do have a perspective here. One that hopefully removes a lot of stress off of your shoulders.

Here is what the community said - as many of them felt the same as you

1 Like