So stuck, is this worth it anymore?

I am so stuck at this time in my life right now. I am so overwhelmed by the number of obstacles I’m having to jump that I’m eventually going to stumble and fall.

I have felt like I have been needing to change jobs, change my environment, start over again basically. I’ve been driving to interviews 2 hours away from where I live now after work a couple times a week for the past few weeks. I’ve been going to interviews in that area because it’s near where my cousin lives, and I’ve been wanting to move in with her because I think things overall will just be better for me. But every interview I’ve been to has been for a part time position, and these aren’t ideal for me because of my health issues and I need to put myself in a position to take care of myself when things get worse. And I don’t want to stay where I am.

I’ve been really struggling with feeling like my life is even worth living anymore because of all this. My condition isn’t improving, and I worry about surgery affecting my ability to even do my job, what I spent 6 years of my life in school for. For the past 24 hours or so, it’s felt like I’m having to start mourning the hopes I had once had for my life. It feels like I was never meant for a chance at a normal life, which led to a recurring feeling that I have had to deal with throughout my young adult life, that I am trapped here in this life. My loved ones say that they care, but at the end of the day they all have their significant others or there own families to care for, and some day my parents will be gone, and I will just be forgotten.

Essentially, I’ve been thinking “So what is it all for? What is all the effort for to try and find happiness, when it will be so short lived if it comes at all?” I have friends telling me that I am a strong person, but I’m honestly exhausted having to be the person I am every single day.

I reached out to friend about all this, and he made me reach out to my therapist as well. I am just so lost in how to live a life worth living for myself anymore.

2 Likes

Man nothing is truly over until you say it is. Change is the hardest thing in the world, breaks you down bad before it happens. But when it does, and it will, it’ll be worth the suffering. That one amazing thing could be right around the corner, might take a minute but one amazing thing is enough to hope for than focusing on the downsides. All the downs weigh heavily on a person i know, the trick is to find little positive things, after awhile they add up. Its like a slow movie that has that one awesome ending, movie wouldve sucked if you hadnt stuck around to see it. Stay strong bro

If you are stuck at some point in your life you had to give a head start to your life again by eliminating bad things from your life and changing your daily routine.

Hi Friend, you are not alone. Hope this helps. My stream and I responded to your post, live:

2 Likes

Yo brother,
I know you know that I love you, and want nothing but the best for you. I’ve pretty much known you since I joined Heart Support, but only recently made a stronger connection. Well I’m glad we did man, cuz you truly are good people. I know it sounds cliche, but we’ve gotta keep on striving brother. Today I found out I missed a huge opportunity to keep advancing toward a career. I really had the mindset to just give up. I talked to Casual though, and he reminded me to get back up. I have already gone through this process twice, but third times a charm right? Like I always tell you, we can help each other man. In the Marines, it always sucked to go on runs alone, I hated it. Yet, when I had another person alongside me, it helped, they were there to motivate me, and yell at me to finish strong. If you don’t mind me asking brother, what is it that you do? Have you ever thought of maybe changing careers. I know it’s easier said then done, but maybe that could be an option. Also, I know it sucks, cuz I’ve done it, but maybe just pick up another job to balance out your financial needs. I just wish you wouldn’t think of giving up on this life brother, so many people want you here. I understand it may seem like your family doesn’t care, because they have their own things going on. Having a family of my own, I just ask that you give them patience. I have a single younger brother who is also struggling right now, and it’s hard to always be there for him. Please understand though that they probably don’t mean to seem unthoughtful on purpose. I hope you know you can always hit me up whenever man. I may not be able to answer on the spot, but I WILL answer you. I hope this advice helped some bro. I hope you realize you have so many people outside of your family who care about you. Much love brother, and please Hold Fast.