Sometimes..i feel like i'm not good enough

Whenever i go talk to people i have a huge problem on social anxiety… .and i just hated being ignored like i don’t exist. I felt upset…and lonely…but yeah i do have few friends…in school but i feel like i don’t fit in…its hard because these are the friends i’m closest with. I have a huge passion on my hobbies such as playing music, vid games and reading to make me keep happy. There is something that is really pulling me down… I keep having this mentality of self doubting myself and compare myself to others that are better than me that makes me want to give up. I felt like i lost my passions and can’t find the enjoyment i deserve.

Hey Jake,

I understand that feeling so much, and I think that what you are experiencing is really common even when it seems like everyone around you is confident and having a good time. I would say if you feeling comfortable tell a close friend or mentor about what you are feeling. It is scary at first, but I know I couldn’t be where I am now without the support of my friends. I’ve even made some really good one from HeartSupport! We talk about our issues and insecurities and that helps to let us know we are not alone. You aren’t either!

1 Like

Hey Jake,

Thank you for reaching out here, we are happy to have you with us! I know how hard it is to deal with social anxiety. I feel like self doubt is really common with social anxiety because it makes us think we are less than and that because it is harder for us to put ourselves out there and be social without being anxious, it is easy for us to beat ourselves up. I would encourage you to keep engaging in the passions you have and what makes you happy because that is something that is important to you and brings you joy. I know it is easier said than done not to compare yourself to others, but you are most definitely enough. We love you and hope you know that you are welcome here and have a whole community that wants to support you!

Hold Fast,

Hannah Rhodes

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Jake. I relate to you on pretty much all of this. There’s no reason to think that anybody is better than you, and I can tell you firsthand that comparing yourself to other people never impacts you positively. No matter where you are in your mental health, you are loved where you’re at right now, by myself and everybody here. You’re worthy and you matter. Social anxiety is the worst and it can be crushing to even interact with people at times. As for your friends, try to be honest with them about how you feel in the group and you might be surprised by how they receive it.
Love you, keep fighting and keep us updated on how you’re doing.
Jaden.

1 Like

Hey Jake, thanks for posting. I relate to you on this so much. It’s the same with my group of friends, I always feel ignored and pushed away. I find hard to talk to people to, and when ever I even attempt to, I automatically think that it’s not worth it, that people don’t care to listen to my input on the conversation. It sucks because I’ve known them my whole life, yet I feel like I don’t fit I with them at all. I’m always the silent one with earphones plugged in, standing awkwardly. Because of this, when ever people ask me a question I respond super awkwardly because I have no idea how to respond. I hope this helped you realise that your not alone, I know how you feel.

1 Like