Starting to think I’m worthless

It’s taken a lot to write this post and hesitated to even write one but lately I’ve been so down I haven’t been able to do anything. I’ve gone to therapy and other things to help but I just feel like it gets worse. I think I’m just a waste of everyone’s time and effort. People are constantly telling me they care about me but then they turn around and tell me I’m worthless and need to die. I’m starting to think that’s true. I just don’t know what to do anymore.

Hey Adam

Don’t underestimate the courage that it takes to reach out to people when you are feeling the why you are. It isn’t an easy thing to do and it is often the first part to recovery.

You are not worthless, no one is. You have your own skills and talents to offer to the world no matter how useless you may feel. Every single person has the capacity to do good and help others in some meaningful way, you just need to find a purpose.

I am truly sorry that the people around you tell you that you are worthless, but keep in mind that we are all human. We all bleed the same, they have no right to judge your worth in the way the seem to be doing.

Don’t give up. We believe in you, even if you may not believe in yourself right now.

2 Likes

@Tim_tries_hard Thanks I will try to keep that in mind.

I was told at young age that i would never amount to anything. That rang true for 15 years of my life. Addiction is a big when it comes to worthlessness. Ive tried to die, ive put myself through pain physically, emotionally, mentally. Becuase i felt worthless for what i was doing, i was living up to what i was told at a young age.

Today ive let go, i made some many accomplishments, emotionally, mentally. Im more then what i was. I pocess alot of understanding now. Outwardly, regular life, inside a light shines in me.

You can over that feeling and everything that comes with it. Just reachout and be willing to grab on to what comes at you and defeat it

1 Like