Struggling with life

I guess I’m not sure what to put in this. I’m an older person and I have been a Christian for many years. I have diabetes, which I do my best to control with insulin as well as other medication. Have had some heart issues in the past. I also struggle with being overweight. Lately all of this has been very hard for me. My wife and I have been married for 35 years with 1son. Our marriage has been not good for many years. In fact I don’t remember why or what started the process of going down hill. I’m in a job that I am unhappy at. I make very little money. We barely cover our bills and have nothing to do extra with. I’ve been trying to get a different job but who wants a 60 old man with no college education.
I love Jesus Christ and do my best to live for Him but lately I just don’t think even He can help me. I know God’s promises are true and I believe them for others but not able to for me.
Well I better stop there because you will read this and see how screwed up I am and take me off.

Hi there Wanting_more! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Thank you so much for coming here and sharing your struggles with us.

Life is incredibly stressful and tough when you’re basically living pay check to pay check.
And when you’ve got health issues and relationship issues, to deal with on top of everything else…it can really take a toll on you.

I’m so sorry to hear your marriage hasn’t been so good for a long time. 35 years is a long time to be with someone (congratulations!)
Have you two considered going to marriage counselling or therapy?
That may help the two of you figure out when, where, and how things started going down hill between you and your wife. And also help you two get back on the road to becoming a team again.

It really sucks to feel like you’re stuck in a job that you hate because there isn’t much else out there available for you. :broken_heart:
One thing that may help is look into hobbies that can help you feel fulfilled. And there are lots of hobbies that don’t require any or little financial investment as well!

God’s promises to apply to you as well. He loves you and knows you’re doing you’re best.

It’s not much, but I hope some of this helps!

-Deer

Thank you deer in the headlights.
I’m trying to cope. Someone very close to me, like a mother figure for me, told me I need to think more positive and quit saying I can’t and start saying I can. To use positive talk and thoughts instead of negative ones. How do I say I can when all that I feel and see is can’t.