Stuck and helpless

ive been feeling very on the edge of overdosing or doing something bad enough that it seriously hurts me, and it’s been like this for the last few months or so really. i dont really have a way of getting help in real life or anywhere at the moment so ive kind of been stuck in the same state for ages. ive gone to try and get help for things in my life but they often get pushed aside (like the time a councilor said the emotional / mental and verbal abuse i get from family isnt “bad” and its ok and i was overdramatic about it). i feel quite helpess most of the time and ive kinda been stuck in feeling helpless and not being able to get better and i thought i had gotten better since i had some thing like this but a bit less a year or two ago, but its way worse now and i dont really have anything to live for or to get better for anymore. i got kicked out of my home for a few weeks recently and I haven’t got any one i know in real life that likes me anymore, or feels like it. ive almost given up with getting help to be honest, everytime i have it hasnt helped at all or it makes me feel worse because i feel like im not getting anywhere. i dont really know what else to write, apart from thanks to the person who sent me a link to this i guess.

1 Like

oneforyouoneforme,

Dang, I just responded to your other post but didn’t see that you had been kicked out of your house as well…that’s like gas on the fire, man…you’ve lost your best friends, your home, and a lot of your hope, and it feels like things are never going to get better…like they’re too broken to be repaired.

But friend, that’s not the truth. You’re never beyond hope. I believe in a God who’s mission is to:

…bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners

You’re not on your own…

Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged,
for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

If you don’t know or believe in God but need help, he promises:

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I don’t know of a better companion, a better helper, a better lover, a better friend, a better strategist, a better provider than God…I know it’s a risk to share this with you, as I don’t know what you believe and it’s okay if you don’t believe in God, but I do want you to know that if you’re in a tight spot and you need help, He’s always available for you. Just consider it as an option if you’re in over your head and can’t figure things out. He’ll come through for you.

I hope you find this lifeline useful if you need it.

-Nate

1 Like