Stuck in my head

I struggle with these thoughts of horrible memories every day. I can’t control it, it just comes. I wish I could erase the past. I used to self-harm because of what happened. Now I have been almost 6 months clean. I’m thankful for my boyfriend who helped me through self-harm. I don’t know how to accept what happened in my past…

Friend, I’m sorry. Thank you for posting here, I know how hard it is. I’m proud of you for reaching 6 months clean and glad you have your boyfriend to talk to. I would suggest you carry on talking to him, he’s helped you this far, he will continue to help you.

Hold Fast
Kayla

Thank you for trusting us and posting here on the Support Wall, that means a lot.

First of all, I’m so proud of you for 6 clean months. That’s incredible accomplishment! I truly hope you’re as proud of it as we are of you for making it so far.

Second, I’m very sorry that whatever happened to you in the past is haunting your head every day. Unfortunately we cant pick and choose what we remember, and especially bad things in our past tends to leave scars that are difficult to heal. Some people are able to find coping mechanisms that lets them sew those wounds up by themselves. Some of us need help from a professional - that’s okay too. If you haven’t reached out to a mental health professional yet and are in a situation where you can do so, please consider it. They have spend years learning coping mechanisms to help people exactly like you and me, who have hurtful memories we cant get rid of and struggle to deal with.

Please keep us updated with how you’re doing, and remember that this community is always here to support you. Hold fast. <3

Accepting doesn’t mean you have to forgive or not dislike. There’s more to you, I know there is. We are proud of you. I believe in you, and if I can, you can too. You fall down, and that’s okay. Others here are down too.
You’re not alone, friend

Hey @BeautifulRemains ,

I’m proud of you for posting, this is cherished.

I know how hard struggles and occurrences of the past can hit so hard in the present even though those occurrences are so far in the past.

Sometimes I just sit and think and wish I never self injured- sometimes I wish I never had to go through a lot of the things I have. My dad almost dying, my dad and how he is now, my family shifting and changing- it’s hard. Sitting there know about my self injury just makes it all worse and I just wish sometimes that it never happened- but then I wouldn’t be who I am today.

I would be a part of this community. I wouldn’t feel as much as I do today.

I am so proud of you for being clean for six months- I believe in you. I know you can keep going.

Out past haunts us but we have to keep battleing through the present. There are resources to help such as therapists or counselors who can also be of my aid.

I belive in you. You are not alone. We are here for you.

Hold fast.

With love,
Lyss(ur old pal Blurryface)