The Canadian Healthcare system is free, but flawed

So, I called the hospital to book an appointment to speak with a psychologist. Good, right? Nope. I called on Monday, to get the front desk, saying the mental health division was closed. They referred me to another number, which I called, and their office was closed. So what did I do? I left my information about what’s going on, asking for an appointment. Thursday rolls around, and I’m playing phone tag with a psychologist. We finally get in touch for her to tell me that she is the ADULT psycologist, and that the can’t help me and that I need to call another number. So, I called that number, and just yesterday they got back to me. The appointment is booked, thank god, but they did say I could get moved to another date. I’m booked for January 2nd, which is during my break. If they move me I can’t go to it, since my next semester starts, and I can’t miss the first week of classes. I just feel so damn powerless, and I’m starting to regret even calling out in the first place.

Keep strong, since I don’t know if I can.
MoP

You’re mental health needs to take priority. (Normally I’d tell people to put education ahead.) It is only one day so missing a day (if it happens) won’t ruin your grading for the class.

If your mental health unravels I pretty much doubt you’d make it in college. I know that I didn’t. So cope with your mental Health followed by your physical health first then deal other issues accordingly. IMHO

Be strong. Blessed Be.