This isn't who I want to be

I feel ashamed of myself. I’m in this science class where I don’t know anyone, and every time we do a lab my table group just splinters off to their friends and I’m left alone. I don’t bother talking to them because I don’t know what to say. Whenever I’m around people I either babble and say random stupid things, trying like hell to get away from the awkwardness or I go completely mute and drown in it. I dont want to be this mute person. What do I do? I keep telling myself that I won’t do this anymore and I don’t want to, but I keep doing it. I don’t feel like I’ve changed at all, that disappoints me.
I’ve been told to make friends, that that’s the simple solution, but I just don’t know how. I can’t make it work. It’s so frustrating. People just seem to not want to know me and I just seem to not even bother to try. I don’t want to be someone whos hard to be friends with. Also, everyone in that class already has their friends. I will not ruin someone else’s friendship. Please help me. I just don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t hate myself, but I am disappointed.

1 Like

Hey Friend.

There is no need to feel disappointed in yourself for being in a class with people you dont know. Whether you are in college or high school, yeah starting a conversation with people you dont know can be hard. But at the end of the day the group projects are not for social hour, though it may be for group interaction to get a project done which is teamwork. So all you have to do is be apart of the team. If the other student get off the project, encourage them to give their fair share to the project.

You’re an awesome person who has given alot of love on this forum and I encourage you to be open and vocal like you have here with others. Hopefully this helps and you can make the best of the situation

Love you friendo. Hold Fast

1 Like