To all the people alone on Valentine’s Day

Valentine’s Day here again and I’ve already seen a lot of posts of people tired of being alone on this kind of day. Even if you can’t manage to change things up before tomorrow (unless you’re really really lucky!), there’s still enough time to make this day better and turn the tables to your favour.

This will be my first Valentine as a single man, but I don’t want to feel bad because everyone’s out enjoying their nights of good food and (hopefully) good sex, so I made a list for you to use in order not to waste the opportunity to enjoy the hours alone.

1. TURN YOUR PHONE OFF
    This might sound weird but since the whole social platforms and internet will be filled with Valentine’s stuff, it’s better to avoid love triggers and keep it off. Also, try not to listen to love songs or watch romantic movies.

2. MAKE PLANS
    You don’t want to sit in bed like “why am I all alone?”, so get up and let’s make things spicy. Spending time with yourself might be boring, I know, but with the right plans you can actually enjoy it even more then with company.
    • attend a sporting event
    • go to a concert
    • go skydiving
    • go for a walk
    • sit in a hot tub with a glass of wine in your hand

and many more. You can do this alone or invite a friend/family member. Your single friends will be happy to hear you!

1. REACH OUT TO SOMEONE
    Whether it’s a friend, a family member or a potential romantic interest, you never know who might also be feeling lonely on Valentine’s Day and will welcome the chance to catch up. If you get the chance, give that person a hug as well. Unless you want to kiss them!

2. BRIGHTEN SOMEONE ELSE’S DAY
    A gift or a simple message will be enough. Again, you never know who might feel lonely on this day, so don’t miss the chance to make their day better!

3. DO THAT THING YOU PLANNED BUT NEVER DID
    Life can get busy (oh boy, I know that). It’s easy to fill your agenda with lots of stuff to do and actually forget about those little things you’ve been planning for months. Today is your day.

4. PLAY CUPID
    This one’s my favourite. I’m one of those guys who likes to do crazy stuff and this is definitely one of the most fun. Most people never got anything for a secret admirer, so consider doing this anonymously. This doesn’t need to be someone you have interest with. Gift ideas could be the following, like flowers, chocolate, movie tickets, books with homemade bookmarks and all kind of DIY stuff.

STILL NOT SURE ABOUT IT?
Valentine’s Day can be a wonderful time if you are in a relationship, but difficult if you find yourself alone. If social anxiety is preventing you from dating or maintaining romantic relationships, and you haven’t been diagnosed with social anxiety disorder, it may be time to talk to your doctor. Receiving effective treatment could mean not spending Valentine’s Day alone again next year.

Have a great day! :cloud:

4 Likes

@frapioggia

Happy Singles’ Awareness Day! :smile:

YO I GOT SOMETHING TO TELL YALL TO CHEER YA UP.

See, Valentine’s Day is marketed as such a romantic day, in America and most other countries. It’s all hearts and romance and dating and shit.

But not in Finland.

In Finland, Valentine’s Day is actually translated to Friend’s Day. And that’s exactly what we celebrate - friendships. There’s no feeling shit and less than a person for being single. There’s no “forever alone” jokes. Cause we don’t care about that. Friend’s Day is for taking a moment, looking around you and appreciating the people who are with you trough thick and thin - no romantic feelings required!

This is what my people celebrate. And you can all be damn sure I’ll be thankful and celebrating every single one of you, anyone who is a part of this community, supporting each other and being there for each other, like friends do, when days get dark.

Happy Friend’s Day. I’m truly happy to have you all here. Hold fast. :heart:

4 Likes

I knew my friend Kimi Raikkonen was one of a kind :joy: thanks for this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.