To my friends with chronic pain/health issues

I see you. I hear you. I feel you. I know you.

I know what it’s like to choose to live with the pain when you aren’t ready to deal with the after effects of dealing with the cause, to deal with a change that will give up a part of yourself that you love. I know what it’s like to want to reach out to loved ones, thinking no one will hear you or know how you’re feeling. I know what it’s like to feel like you have to ask the world for patience every single day you’re alive, and to not be able to be present and live in the moment because your mind is so distracted by physical pain. I know what it’s like to feel resentful towards others for unfair reasons, finding it difficult to connect with others due to reasons that feel out of your control. I know what it’s like to want to stay away from drugs and alcohol, when you know that they are a cheap and easy way to mask the pain. I know what it’s like to wait for the pain to go away, and at the same time hope your body learns to become comfortable with it because you believe it never will. I know what it’s like to pray for “good days”, even when “good days” seem like nothing more than fond memories. I know how it feels to feel hopeless and alone.

I want you to know you’re not alone, and that I am willing to live with my pain so we can hold each other up. So we can walk each other towards the light at the end of the tunnel, towards that long sought-after sense of readiness to take action. Towards the sense of knowing that we are loved and will be loved no matter what changes take place in our lives, and that we will not be abandoned and forgotten as time goes on. That we will not be a burden on those who truly love us.

I see you. I hear you. I feel you. I know you.

And I love you.

Hold fast.

5 Likes

@adam_actual

Amazing. Keep sharing encouraging words.

1 Like

Appreciate you taking the time to read, thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for this. :heart:️ I am one of those people.

Much love to you.

2 Likes