Trying to sit with hard emotions

Sorry to keep posting. I don’t have alot of people in my corner right now and I find it’s helpful to just get things off my chest. This week has been really hard for me emotionally. It’s been one thing after another. I am tired and exshausted and I feel like I’m going to be stuck in this place forever. As much as I don’t like to let people into the hard places I long to have a mentor or close friends that can walk with me in the hard days. I feel like I keep trying to find people but it’s not working out. Today I just feel like I don’t know how to move forward. I don’t know what steps to take anymore. I feel like I’m trying to overcome so many things at once and it’s overwhelming and sometimes I dont see the point in caring. Things have a way of not working out. I just feel alone and losing hope. I’m trying to focus on the fact that I’m going to church asking for prayer, and seeing a counselor. That I am trying everyday to face the crap in my head. I’m showing up to work even though it’s a lot to handle. Got to find hope somehow.

4 Likes

Hey there,

Absolutely no need to apologize! I am so very glad you post here! We love you and are glad your’re here! It sounds like you are taking a lot of active steps to help yourself find healing and I am really happy to hear that! That really does take a lot of strength. I know you mentioned feeling overwhelmed because you are trying to face so many things at once. I would encourage you to try and focus on one thing even if many of the things you are facing are connected. Try focusing on one so that the rest doesn’t seem so daunting. You can’t do it all at once. Once step at a time. You can definitely do this!! Keep fighting, and know that you are very much loved!

Hold Fast,
Hannah Rhodes

2 Likes

I’m glad you shared this with us! I completely agree about wishing I had a strong mentor in my life. I don’t have friends who are available to listen to me, either, at least not super close ones (they all have significant others or are too engulfed in work / hobbies). So, you’re far from alone in your struggles! Remember that you have your counselor. I have one too and always remind myself that they’re here to help me. Also, remember that if you feel like you’re losing hope now, you won’t always feel this way. We have faith in you! Keep sharing with us, and we’ll keep listening!

1 Like

We are glad you are here and posting and being open about your feelings. Stay Strong

1 Like

You’re not alone, we are here for you. Please don’t apologize for posting here of all places, there’s no need… You’ll never be alone, really, as long as you remember there are people here you’ve never met who truly care about you. I care about you.
As mentioned above, try not to focus on all of it at once. I find having some very small everyday goals has helped me through some really bad times… even things as simple as making my bed in the morning can make a difference. Small happinesses to come home to can mean everything when it’s all falling apart inside.
I’m so proud of you for showing up to work despite everything, I personally know how hard that is to do and you must be a very strong person to keep on like you are doing.

Don’t ever forget that this is a safe place and that you can express anything and everything here. We are here to listen, understand and support you <3

Stay strong,
Rhys.

Hi, friend.

I’m sorry that you are having such a hard time right now. I can so relate to trying to over come so many things at once. It’s overwhelming! Mentally, emotionally and physically.

It’s important that we are gentle with ourselves as we try to move forward. That we don’t take on too much at once. I always try to encourage setting SMALL reasonable goals that will help us achieve the things we want and need to get done. It’s easier to focus on one thing at a time or to tackle small goals one at a time.

Something I battle with is worrying and stressing over things that I have no control over. It’s important that as we try to move forward that we tackle the things we can and the things we do have control over and not stress too much over the things we can’t. It won’t help. It’ll just make us feel worse.

I know at times we have to step outside of our comfort zone to get these things done but you don’t have to go at it alone. Never apologize for posting here. That’s what we’re here for. If that helps you get through the process then post away! We will try to offer you love and encouragement the best way we can.

You have been so kind to me in my hurting. You have offered me so many kind words and encouragement. I could only hope that I could try to offer you the same in return. I may not be able to resolve everything going on with you but I can be a friend.

I hope you find peace and healing my friend. That your therapist can offer you some helpful guidance. I’m here, rooting for you as you have for me. We will get through our struggles together.

So much love to you

• Kitty
1 Like