Valentine's is hitting me hard when it shouldn't

My fiancee cheated on me and left me about 2 months ago, the day before our wedding. I’ve been trying to fight hard against depression and all the negative thoughts/insecurities that I now have and some days I’m ok, some others I feel like it’s hell.

I’ve never felt like valentine’s should even be a thing since you shouldn’t need a day to show your loved ones that, well you love them. But this time is hitting hard. Seeing all the happy couples out there and having to see all the social media posts about it (my work requires me to be on social media) is making me feel worthless and hopeless. I’m tired of the pain, I’m tired of starting over again just to be cheated over and over again

1 Like

It hurts because it matters, but it’s in the past now. Look to the future, the world belongs to you. You don’t need someone else loving you to prove that you’re worth something.
I understand seeing everyone else happy when you feel like shit. Try not to take it out on anyone around you, its not their fault they’re just trying to live their life. It doesn’t matter what everyone else is doing and feeling. They don’t know about you, and you can’t judge yourself by them. You first need to work on yourself and focus on yourself before you put yourself before others.
It’ll be okay. You’ll be okay.
Hold Fast

Mandro,

Gosh I’m really sorry that happened to you. That is a type of betrayal and hurt that just really messes with you. It’s just such an awful thing to do to another human being and I’m so sorry.

I think it’s normal to have ups and downs. You are struggling through this pain and this experience. You are trying to heal and that means there will be good days and bad days. Remember that it’s okay to have those bad days. I feel like grieving the relationship and letting yourself feel sad is healthy. It’s a way to let yourself process all of your emotions. If you never let yourself feel sad it could lead to those emotions piling up and not being resolved. It’s okay not to be okay, but it’s not okay to stay not okay. Does that make sense? It’s okay to be down during this time of year, you are going through a painful breakup. But reach out to friends. Surround yourself with people who truly love you and care about you. The pain will go away, but it will go away very slowly. You still have worth even if you aren’t in a romantic relationship. You have worth because you are alive.

Cassie

1 Like

@Mandro

I’m sorry that happened to you. It’s sad that you will not see Valentine’s Day a wonderful holiday. You will get through this. Thank you for being honest.

I wish it would have been different but it’s not. I’m scared and hurt. I’ve been crying in my desk at work for the last 3 days

1 Like