What's wrong with this and everything

I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I don’t know why my brain is acting like this. I met this friend recently and we have a major thing in common, but I feel mute around her. Then I keep saying the wrong things and I feel like I don’t make my opinions known. I feel so timid and it’s annoying. Im afraid to lose her because I’ll be alone. But I also have to be assertive sometimes. I tell myself that I will, I won’t be timid, but I can’t get rid of this lingering doubt that’s frightening. I’m also feeling so sad and discouraged at my dad’s affair. My mom gave him until mid January to end the affair. Right around my birthday. Happy birthday to me. Also my friend is in dance, and her mom makes her. She hates it. Her mom treats her terribly and her brothers don’t help. I don’t know what to say to make her feel better. She’s not a bad person, honestly.
Sometimes I worry that maybe I’m too hard a person to be friends with
Please advise.

Dear @Bvblover16
There’s a lot here,so I’m going to break it down piece by piece.
If you recently met this friend, don’t sweat it. You guys are still getting to know one another. There’s nothing wrong with being assertive and make what you think known. If this person is truly your friend, they’ll accept you for who you are.
As for the affair, I’m sure that’s rough. I really hope that things work out for your family.
Back to your friend. The biggest thing you can do as their friend is empathize. It’s important to show that you are there for them. Let them know that they can come to you if they need someone to talk to. But if things become too much to handle, don’t be afraid to guide this friend towards somewhere that they can get the help they need.
I hope these help a bit.
Stay strong, you are loved :slight_smile:

It does help Thank you @Danny

Any time. I’m always here if you need to talk in private