Who will piece me back together

Hey guys. Long time no see. It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything here. And that’s mainly because I have been doing good, up until today. I hit a bump in the road that I call life. I’m slowly falling back into the hole I was in a while ago. My physical health along with my mental health has been falling apart. I found I have liver damage due to the medications I’ve been taking for type Two diabetes, which I also found out was a misdiagnosis. I’m actually a type One diabetic. So it’s a whole different ballgame. With the stress of my newfound medical issues, I haven’t been able to take care of myself mentally. I’ve been trying to put my faith in god, because I am a Christian. It’s been working to an extent, but I just need help with piecing myself back together mentally. If anyone has any advice on how to get myself back to that spot, or how to put all of my trust in god, it would help tremendously. Thanks guys. Hold Fast.

1 Like

I can’t help with how you feel religiously but I will try to help you a bit with how you are feeling. When I start slipping back into a depression, i try to find ways to reduce my stress and do things that have been proven to release those positive brain chemicals. I take hot baths (Epsom salts with a relaxing scent are really good for this), reading a good book, making something, watching cute and/or funny videos, baking for someone else, taking naps, drinking hot tea (decaffeinated or herbal so no caffeine), looking at or visiting cute animals, etc. Sometimes just making the effort to do something small can help you get back on track.

The only person who can piece you back together is yourself. While that is terrifying, it is also freeing because it’s not a matter of finding someone or something to fix you but a matter of finding the strength within yourself to make the right choices and make sure you get better.

Sometimes a bump in the road can feel catastrophic but you have to turn it into a good thing. It’s a good thing that they realized you were type one diabetic because now your treatment will be more effective And your liver will be able to heal and you will ultimately feel better.

Sometimes those bumps in the road feel like they are a cause of a lot of stress and damage but you have to realize that these bumps happen because we are missing something and it’s a good thing that it has come to your attention before it could cause lasting damage

Hey fellow fallen angel. I wish I could tell you some wondrous way to make you feel better. It’s all you, you are the most important person in your life. It’s much harder done than said, I know. Just know I believe in you. You will never be alone. Take up the needle, you need and you can stitch yourself back together.
We will always believe in you <3

Only you can piece yourself together; you cannot expect anyone else to do it for you. I am sorry that tgat sounds harsh, but it is the truth. Everybody deals with their own stuff and helps others when they can, but you have to do the bulk of the work to snow others you are worth helping.

I hope this helps.

kind regards,

Martin / ThatOldDutchGuy