Why am I alive?

Staff Edit from @NateTriesAgain:

50%20AM

You’re not crazy if you feel like you want to die. If you landed here from Google, I want you to know you’re not alone, and there is hope. If you’re in immediate danger, go to our Crisis Resources page. Otherwise, you can also take this self-assessment to find next steps:

—> HELPFUL NEXT STEPS <—

Hold fast. We believe in you.

What’s my purpose ? Life’s been fucked up since the womb … why am I here … not saying I wanna killmyself . I see life as torture , I don’t wanna live , but dying is the easy way out , I have FOMO fear of missing out , no matter how much I wanna die , I fear missing what tommorow brings …

Why am I here ? Why am I alive ? What’s my purpose ? I’m so lost … nothings ever right , my life’s a rolling downhill shit show …

Racing thoughts suck … nothing makes sense in my head either … sorry

Hello Black_Rose420,

Never apologize for how you feel. Especially here. I’m this community we want you to be open and honest with how you feel without feeling like you have to say sorry. It seems like you are really hurt and lost right now. Like you are looking for reasons to hold on but life keeps pushing you down. But that one little spark you have is a beautiful thing. That spark can create a large fire or passion. You are questioning why you are here and I don’t know what you are meant to do in your life either. But here’s the thing, stay alive to find it what it is you are meant to do. Live and survive through every storm to find those answers. Because they are out there.

1 Like

Hey there,

Know that you never have to apologize for your thoughts and feelings here. I am so glad that you are reaching out. That fact that you want to know what tomorrow brings says to me that somewhere deep down, even if you don’t believe it, you know that you will be able to keep fighting and come out on the other side of all of this pain you are experiencing. I agree with Cassie in that although we cannot say what you are meant to do in life, staying alive to find out is worth it, and is a beautiful thing in my opinion. Despite the pain we may experience, life is worth living. Keep fighting, you can do this!

Hannah Rhodes

For the longest time I questioned “Why am I here,” or “What is my purpose” or “what’s the meaning of life?” I never recieved an answer. At times I believe it is to muse any God if there is any gods out there. I don’t know. What I do know is there is always hurt in life. That pain comes and goes but is always there and will never go away. Many things use to drive me to despair. Sometimes I still feel it.

I decided to flick the finger at fate and define the meaning of life in my own way. To find purpose in my own life.
My purpose is to always progress: To aspire to improve myself and hopefully inspire others to improve themselves. This is my purpose in Life.
Ever since I took this path where I devoid myself of toxicity & negativity my life has improved greatly. I am suicidal (even homicidal at times) Yet my life has improved so much that it hurts (sometimes in a good way).

So be strong. Be natural, honest and upfront. Never back down or quit. Be yourself and express what you want the world to see you as. (Don’t let the world tell you who or what you are.) You’ll find what you want: Answers.

You are here, you exist, because your parents had a baby. That’s basically it. You can look for your purpose all your life and never find it, or you can enjoy your time here and not let purpose get you down. When I stopped looking for my purpose and just started to do what I enjoyed, that is when my purpose came to light, to be a writer and an artist. I am not the best writer, or the best artist, I am not changing the world or anything, but I create stuff that people enjoy. I put smiles on some people’s faces, and I have decided that is good enough.

My advice: don’t define yourself by who you are meant to be, what you are meant to do, but define yourself by being a good person, and just let it unfold from there.

kind regards,

Martin / ThatOldDutchGuy

Hi friend,

Thank you for sharing how you feel. I’ve definitely felt that way too before. It’s really hard and really confusing at times. I do think that meaning can be found in simple things though. Like spending time with your family and friends, sharing laughs with the people you care about, and just trying to find small bits of joy throughout your day, you know? That’s what got me through, and still gets me through those times where I question everything in my life, including myself. When that happens for me I tend to become very anxious and panicked about it and I find it always helps to talk to someone about it, so whether that’s posting how you’re feeling, like you did, or reaching out to a friend you trust. I would just encourage you to not try and battle these thoughts all by yourself. Because you’re never alone. There are always people who love you and see meaning and life in you even when you don’t see it in yourself.

Love much,
Hannah.

Hi Black Rose. I feel you. I have it as well. Your not alone. It is quite distressing to be alive sometimes. First of all. You are perfect as you are. You have the right to be happy. You deserve it. Be selfish and be kind to yourself. And let the bad feelings out to feel freed of every thought thats hurting you. Tell us what is hurting you. But always be kind to yourself. You are perfect and totally worth it. Do what makes you happy. You are amazing. Your alive just to love and be loved. You are a living miracle. Be kind to yourself.