0 Days without Cutting (TW: Self-harm)

I’m back to where I started… again… I’ll continue updating the longer I go without an incident. I believe I lasted around 2 weeks this time.

5 Likes

I admire that you’re not giving up. You are certainly a lot better off than you would be if you didn’t keep trying.

The next time you’ve gone around two weeks, ask yourself to make it through at least one more day, then maybe you can do the same thing the following day.

Consider what set of circumstances or states of mind that you’re in, when you’re urge to cut is triggered. If you can anticipate them, maybe you can look for some kind of distraction.

If you’re not already talking to a professional about it, I suggest looking for someone.

3 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement. It usually happens when I get triggered by something on the internet. This time, it was an ad on YouTube. I get triggered very easily, unfortunately.

2 Likes

The scars healed overnight. I’m gonna make new ones.

2 Likes

The HeartSupport Houston team responded to your post here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PdNFtsIQ4yOgNwP0_bbdV7LLIrcDzfzo/view?usp=sharing, hold fast friend!

3 Likes

I appreciate it, but I’m in the process of getting my account deleted, and this may be the last comment I write here. Thank you to those who helped. Goodbye.

2 Likes

I’ve watched a little bit of the video. Trust me, I’ve already gotten rid of many things. I’m not allowed to use scissors or knives without parental supervision, and they’re kept hidden when I don’t need them. I used my phone charger (the end that plugs into the phone) because I was desperate and it was nearby. However, I can’t throw that out, or I won’t be able to use my phone anymore, and then my mental health will be even worse!

2 Likes

Are you triggered in the company of others? If not, I’d suggest spending time with others as much as possible.

It depends on who the “others” are.

What I’m trying to say is that you’re not as likely to cut in the presence of others. If being around some people make you want to cut when you’re no longer around them, it’s best not to be around them. If being around someone who helps you feel comfortable and less likely to cut, hang around them if you can.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining! I’ll take the advice.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.