1,000 Words: Day 14

Word Count: 1,019
In today’s entry, I wrote about my feelings toward my father’s drinking. Not really the effects on me but rather how it affects him. Why he does so to the point of not being able to function. I love my dad and there are times when I wish he’d get help. But I don’t think that will happen.

I do know that I am not alone in those words that I wrote because my siblings and I have lived with this since all three of us were born. Mom tries her best to care for him but she refuses to enable his addiction.

If you or a loved one is in active addiction I encourage you to seek help any way you can. Keep the faith and stay strong.
-P

4 Likes

That’s really tough. Seeing someone you love and care about who’s addicted to something that affects their well-being. It’s hard to break down the shame and denial that surrounds this kind of situation, and just to get help we need, when we need it.

I’m glad that writing happens to be a useful way to express how you feel. It’s really precious, even just to get some perspective over a situation. It takes a lot of strength and humility to face those emotions. Keep it up, friend.

hufflepuffbruhv,

There are several groups that offer support for families of alcoholics, here are a few:

Peace

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.