1 Month clean (trigger sh)

I’m one month clean from self-harm today. I never thought I could make it this far. I’ve been in therapy for three months, been on Prozac for one. I still feel empty some time and I still have the urge to cut. I’m terrified of life in general and I feel like the future is hopeless, but I managed to get clean by myself. It’s just one step at a time, I guess.

Thanks for listening,
Thistle

3 Likes

Congrats for one month!! I also struggle with self harm and I try my best to resist. But it’s so great to hear you are doing your best to improve!! And yes it takes time and patience but you are making your way through this! Again congrats for improving!

1 Like

That is AMAZING!!! I am so proud of you!! That is a huge accomplishment and I hope you are proud of yourself as well. You are right in that you need to take it one day at a time.

A good friend of mine told me in my first year of college that if you want to cut, just make it through to the end of the day without doing it, and if you do that, get through the next day. If you can’t make it through the day, then just take it hour by hour. Keep pushing yourself at the start of every hour to get through another one. And if you can’t make it through an hour, just take it minute by minute. If you can’t do that, then call one of your friends or family members and see if you can get some immediate support.

I think it is important to make small goals for yourself and also celebrate your victories.

You are doing incredible and I urge you to keep moving forward.

Ben Sledge has a book called ReWrite which is all about self harm and how to overcome it. I encourage you to look into it. I think you can find it on Amazon. If you need help getting a copy, DM me. I think it might be a valuable resource for you.

Hold fast. We believe in you

2 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome, @Thistle! Congrats for your progress - that’s definitely something to celebrate, and thank you so much for doing it here with us.

One step at a time, 100%. One month clean from self-harm, therapy, medication… those are some HUGE steps and I hope you’re proud of yourself for your progress. You’re awesome. :heart: