1 year! <3

While I have been following Heart Support since late 2018, I didn’t start being active or join the wall until a year ago TODAY!

anniversary

I came to Heart Support in a bad mental place. I had just gone through a divorce, lost my insurance, lost a friend that I realized was more important to me than I was to them and over all was in a complete state of feeling defeated. Just shortly before I came in, I had been sent to the hospital upon being referred by my therapist. I was in a really dark place but was sent away because I hadn’t actually attempted to take my life or harmed myself. Just feeling like I wanted to wasn’t enough.

I stumbled into Heart Support feeling broken, disposable, lost, defeated, confused, desperate and was unsure of what direction I wanted to go. I was adjusting to a civilian life after knowing nothing but the military since I was 19. I was starting over and moving back in with parents after being on my own since I was 17. It was hard accepting that I was almost 34 and having to start over from scratch.

Heart Support opened a door for me. A door that lead me to a place where I could reconnect with myself, my mental health, my self worth and not only put resources in my hands but welcomed me with warmth, acceptance, compassion and made me feel like part of a community family.

I already told Dan in great length the impact he has had on my life in an overly long emotional letter, so I wont repeat it here. He knows.

But there are many people here who I have grown to love and cherish. @Kayla @adam_actual @eranwest9 @Lyss @Micro @sophicspider @HoldxSteel @nyntje to name a few. People who have connected to me, built friendships, constantly reached out to me, made me feel loved, cared for, who have spoken to me on personal levels and reminded me time and time again that I am not alone.

Heart Support has really helped give me something to feel passionate about. This community is a part of my every day life somehow some way. Whether its in stream, on the wall, playing games with friends in discord or chatting. A few have even supported me in my art journey, which I appreciate more than words can express. Here I have found a home. I have been able to reconnect with myself and the person that I want to be. My mentality and outlook has changed greatly over this year. I still struggle sometimes but it’s crazy to look back at just how far this year has brought me and how much has changed.

I honestly have no idea what would have happened had I not stumbled into Heart Support. No, really. Because since I came in here it’s been non stop a part of my life.

The people here have also shown me that although friendships are not always perfect, there ARE people who actually are willing to forgive, love and fight for that friendship. There ARE people who know that hardships don’t have to break a friendship. They CAN be worked through and we are worth working through things with.

There is a lot of emotional nonsense that I could pour out here, but I’ll just leave at, to everyone that is a part of this community, to all of the Heart Support staff to everyone who has built on this place, Thank you for making this a place of love, compassion, understanding, thank you for providing resources and a safe place. Dan and Casey, thanks for all that you do on the Twitch side of things. Nate and Taylor. John. Ben. So many names. Thanks for being a part of my life. I couldn’t ever even start to express or show you just how much you have made a difference in my life. And I’m just one person. I know you are doing that for a lot more. You all are incredible.

1 year! Here’s to another and more personal growth! Love you guys!

• Kitty
8 Likes

Wow, Koyangi, I am so blessed by this…knowing that you receive, that you are growing, that you are connecting, that you feel loved…what a gift. You are a gift. Thank you for the past year of making a difference in the lives of so many <3

2 Likes

Thank YOU Nate. For being so supportive. Seriously dude. I know you’re doing a lot of background stuff yet you still take the time to make us feel heard, loved and supported. YOU are a gift.

I feel so honoured to be named with all these lovely people in such an important post!
Thank you so much for all you do Kitty, you are incredible and thank you for being a part of my life! I feel truly blessed that I’ve met you! :heart:

2 Likes

Kitty, gosh dangit I love you so much! You’re a sweet, kind, compassionate friend AND you’re my community momma! Lol I’m humbled to read that you think of me so highly with so many other wonderful folks, you are certainly one of many in this community I am proud to call my friend and look forward to being your friend for a long time to come! AND you were my first mod on Twitch because that’s how awesome you are so :smirk: hahaha thank you for being who you are and for allowing me to be a part of your journey.

2 Likes

I love you dude, seriously. And I appreciate the trust that you have given me. I take modding very seriously. When someone trusts that, it means a lot. I know I am not always awake or around when you stream, but I 10000% support you and cherish you. I admire the time you take out when you respond to people on the wall during your stream. That you spend so much time on each post offering that big heart of yours. I am proud to call YOU a friend. And I appreciate the time you have trusted me with your thoughts and feelings. You are such an incredible dude and I hope that over the course of the next year that you and I can grow our friendship.

THANK YOU. <3

1 Like

We love you Kitty! I’m so glad we are both part of hs :heart: you deserve the best.

2 Likes

ahhh, I just love you so much and I am so glad to have met you through this amazing organization! Your story is important and getting to know you has been nothing short of awesome. I hope your healing continues and the broken places mended through all the people who love YOU. <3
-Bree

2 Likes

@anon17277947

Thank you for being part of this community, you sweet friend.

I feel humbled to be mentioned next to so many wonderful people. :heart:

We talked about it recently, but I’m really glad to hear what you found here on HeartSupport, and now to have the privilege to walk on this road along with you. It’s a privilege to me to call you my friend.

Keep growing, keep shining brightly. You are beautiful.

Love you Koyangi, to the infinite and beyond (x100000…). :wink:

2 Likes