10+ years of depression

I grew up most of my life being depressed and at some points suicidal. After about 10 years I got really into music and I’ve started to feel not alone and got better. I wasn’t happy but I was content which seemed like a big step up for me. Within the past year I’ve felt it come back and go in waves but didn’t think too much of it. Recently I’ve just had my heart broken and it has to be the worst pain I’ve ever felt, and I can feel the depression coming back full force. I don’t know how to handle this and I’m afraid of what I’ll become. I really need someone to talk to because music doesn’t seem to have the same effect it used to have on me.

Try and find a hobby you like. It can release some of the tension from the heart break. Maybe go a ride with music. Music is always the best medicine

Sorry to hear that, that’s a long time. What do you do to get your mind off things?

I’m actually about to go for a drive so yeah I’m going to be looking for something to listen too thanks. I might actually pick up playing guitar again see if it helps. Thanks guys

1 Like