2 years and still pretending

For two years now I’ve been working for my dad’s company, and I hate it.

I graduated 3 years ago and then did a semester abroad, and when I came back, I had no idea what to do with my life, so my dad offered me to work for him until I figure out what I want to do.

It was only supposed to be for a couple of months, and then a year went by, and now another.
I feel like such a failure.
I don’t know what to do with my life and what job that I’m absolutely not qualified for I should try to get.

I wasted two years doing a job that I hate every second of, working nonsense just to be busy and not just be a loser.
But I am a loser.

I spent the past two years pretending to like what I’m doing, and pretending that I am doing something. For the company it makes no difference if I’m there or not.

Today I got reminded that I have nothing to offer, and that the world would be a better place without me.

3 Likes

Hey, the world won’t be a better place without you because you are unique and we need you here. Maybe you don’t know it, but there is somenone who is happy that you are here even if they didn’t tell you. But I tell that even if I don’t know you, I’m happy that you are here, you matter. I know it’s hard. I also don’t know what to do with my life. But I’m still trying. I want to hold on to hope that one day I will know. Maybe we need more time to find out. Keep going friend!

3 Likes