Ghost of Me by Make Them Suffer - Therapist Reacts

This topic is from YOUTUBE where users are encouraged to comment about their mental health struggles.

• If someone tags @heartsupport in a comment it becomes a topic here on the forum.
  • If they don’t it’ll be a comment on this topic.
  • Moderators can flag:ignore non @heartsupport comments to create a new topic if needed.

Our very own Taylor is a therapist. She also loves all things metal music. So we thought let’s take both of those things and start a therapist reacts series!

In this video Taylor is reacting to “Ghost of Me” by Make-Them-Suffer.

• Where do you look for validation?
  • Where are you blaming others in your life?
  • How do you self-sabotage?
2 Likes

This is an interesting take on metal music reactions. I can see this being beneficial for a lot of people. Hope you gain more traction!

1 Like

You are 100% right :pleading_face: lovedd the videoo​:pleading_face::pleading_face::heart::heart:

1 Like

Lmao your face when he came in the gutturals. One of my favourite parts of this track

1 Like

Damn I came here for a reaction to this track left with a completely different view of things. I really resonated with this. Thank you

1 Like

I like this take, someone finally deciphers the lyrics for how much emotion metal has. Heavily a common subject for this band.

Erase Me
Elegies
Neverbloom

Are a few more songs by Make Them Suffer that have such deep lyrics

1 Like

Metal/hardocre lyrics have always been a source of strength for me. “Give Wings To My Triumph” by Hatebreed, really the whole Supremacy album, helped me through a lot of stuff during my younger years. Make Them Suffer could easily be a dissertation in the field of mental health. Just listen to the album Neverbloom, the whole thing, that is not the shit you normally get when death metal bands try and sound tough. I feel pain when I listen to them, partially because most of the lyrics are about self realization of worthlessness and I relate to that, but also its not stuff you just make up. You need to do a reaction video to “Save Yourself” by these guys, you’ll thank me later.

1 Like

You absolutely need to check out the band called Silent Planet. They have some of the deepest lyrics of any band, not just metal. Any song would be great (Their whole Everything Was Sound album is about different mental disorders), but I would recommend Panic Room or Trilogy as an intro to them.

1 Like

I think a lot of people who don’t listen to metal don’t realize how powerful the lyrics can be.

1 Like

I’m a simple man. I see these videos I click like. Simples.

1 Like

YOU YADY. JUST BECAME MY FAVORITE CHANNEL :100::100::100::metal::metal::metal::metal::fire::fire::fire:. But she’s HEARING and LISTWNING…That be real shit. Keep doing what your doing beautiful​:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

1 Like

Loved the video! You should watch “Gone With the Wind” or basically any song off of Architects album, Holy Hell. That song especially is about one of the two band members (who were both brothers), passing away at a young age, from cancer while still writing and continuing to be in the band and his impact.

1 Like

Make them suffer ghost of me pure music to my ears hellyeah :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

1 Like

I think reacting ti think you should react to the pain remains trilogy by lorna shore there’s so much you could talk about with those songs think it might be right up your alley

1 Like

You should definitely listen to Future Palace’s new song Malphas, they write a lot of great songs with lyrics related to struggling with mental illness, think it’d be a good fit!

1 Like

Never Too Late by Three Days Grace! :sunglasses::fire::metal::guitar:

1 Like

I Hate Everything About You by 3 Days Grace! :sunglasses::fire::metal::guitar:

1 Like

Aussie Metalcore! :fire:

1 Like

Taylor losing her shit! :rofl:

1 Like

Love your reaction! :fire:

1 Like