42 years old and diagnosed with autism only 2 year

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: All 27 Slipknot music videos say 1 thing…and it’s not what you expect
42 years old and diagnosed with autism only 2 years ago. Always wondering why i was always rejected by my peers, and called a weirdo. Being bullied for thinking and being different. Being rejected by my father who allowed my stepmother to abuse me. It was Slipknot, Korn, and Linkin Park that got me through it. My mask was masking so i could fit in. The music was always an outlet for the turmiol and pain in my mind. Hating myself for not being normal. Slipknot made me feel that not normal is more normal then normal.

Thankyou for the journey. Thankyou for your story. Thankyou for being you, and bringing your gift to so many.

2 Likes

You ended on such a beautiful sentiment, and I want to reflect that same sentiment back to you. Though you’ve persevered many hardships, your story matters and I thank you with all of my heart for sharing it.

Rejection hurts. We all strive to find our place of solace, our group of people, and our community, and when all we seem to run into are jeers, criticisms, and a stark lack of love, it’s crushing. I know how you feel and my heart goes out to you. Rejection leaves us feeling worthless, like there is something wrong with us and that we are the reason why we don’t fit in with others.

But there is a power in not fitting in. Just like with Slipknot and Linkin Park, there is freedom in not fitting into the status quo- making “not normal” the goal. By striving to be not normal you allow yourself to live to your full extent and you can be completely who you are without apology. Though feeling different can surely be hard, I encourage you to find power in that. You shine through the status quo and plant your unique flag firmly in the ground, stating “I am here, I am me, and there is nothing in the world that can change that”. There is only one of you that ever has or ever will exist. Fully embrace the wonderfully unique and beautiful person that you are. You were created in such a special way, and this world is better with you in it.

Thank you for your journey. Thank you for your story. Thank you for being you and for bringing YOUR gifts to so many. You truly are so special and no one can take that from you. Thank you for opening up- we are always here if you need anything else.

1 Like

Hey my friend. This post literally brought me to tears. Thank YOU so much - heartsupport — Mozilla Firefox - Had a bad argument with my girlfriend - HeartSupport / Support - heartsupport — Mozilla Firefox - 9 July 2024 | Loom

1 Like