A few stray thoughts

It’s weird. Just the thought of typing makes me happy. Maybe I do need someone by me rn. Depression is both a blessing and a curse. Life is pointless so you gotta do something to make it a point. It is overwhelming at times to go on when there is no point to go on.

We gotta make the most of what we are given. I know my depression is back cuz the demons in my head are telling me to kill myself again, I have learnt by now not to let them win, not that I’ve ever lost yet.

We need to look for things to fight for strive for but depression also makes that tough. Our moments of loneliness and sadness far outweighs our moments of happiness. Even fighting for food housing cloths in the end , it all ends.

Do we live to change others? To leave a legacy? I don’t know , I haven’t figured that out either. There are beautiful song lyrics that goes “Are we humans? Or are we dancers?” Indeed why do we live , to dance to others puppet strings? Are we not really alive anymore?

If you got something you love in your life, give it ur all. Don’t end arguments in anger. Have the courage to move foward one step at a time. Have faith that it will get better.

2 Likes

It’s hard sometimes too cuz when ur down, all the things you faked liking or are only half interested in just dies, you have no intrest in anything or anyone that’s not you. It’s horrible. I don’t even feel like working today but I gotta. The fake it till you make it works sometimes but honestly faking it while ur in this mood is just stressful. How can everyone be this strong? I want to be that too. A lot of ppl are living their lives looking I want to be able to do that too

1 Like

I exist and I am heard

2 Likes

I exist and I am heard

Yes, you are. I see you, and I’m grateful that you’ve shared your thoughts here. You are so welcome here, and whenever you need to share what’s on your heart, especially if it helps, then please know you can always do so.

Depression is both a blessing and a curse. Life is pointless so you gotta do something to make it a point. It is overwhelming at times to go on when there is no point to go on.

I completely agree with you. Obviously a curse because when one reaches that point of being clinically depressed, it’s not an easy journey to try to resurface. It’s a daily challenge. But like you, I also tend to see my depression as a blessing at times, because it really is like a red flag from our soul. It points out that something isn’t working. Not something simple or easy to solve, but really something deep that is tied to our core and who we are, both as a human being and as a person. It is a scream from the heart, an urge to find a purpose, our purpose, and bring meaning into our life when we feel lost. Approaching your depression the way you do, not just as an enemy but as a part of your life that says something about your needs, is a powerful invitation to listen to yourself, to your heart, and initiate this wonderful journey that is to learn to know yourself better.

So please, please never stop sharing your thoughts if it helps you along that journey. I can assure you that you are not alone, and your feelings echo a lot in the heart of people who deal with the same obstacles.

How can everyone be this strong? I want to be that too.

You are strong. You are here. You thrived through your darkest and worst days. You are being vulnerable, you open up, you seek authenticity. That takes a lot of bravery and courage.

It is tempting to see others as having more and being more, but really we only see what’s on the surface and what people allow others to see. Comparison is a trap. The only person you need to compare yourself with is… you. The past versions of you. I have no doubt that it took a lot of thoughts, energy and rough times to get to the point of posting all of this in the present moment. That is how strong and resilient you are. And that is so worth celebrating.

Thank you for the gift of your presence. :hrtlegolove:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.