A girl likes me and is cutting herself

So at school this girl likes me and is cutting herself because she believes that I won’t like her back…
and I mean I like her but I don’t think I’m ready to be more than friends just yet, but I also don’t want to be another reason for her to harm herself… Please give me your guys’ advice on this because I can’t do it myself.

Thanks in advance,
Mr.Lonely

I’m so sorry about your friend. First of all, do not feel obligated to someone just because they are having a hard time and they are hurting themselves. You can be there for them, but you don’t have to guilt into being with them because of it. That’s not fair at all. I would gently be honest with them. Explain to them that you aren’t ready to be in a relationship but offer a friendship.

If there is a school counselor to talk to about this, it may be good to have someone help step in with some guidance for you and her. That way you can have help without it escalating.

It’s understandable to be hurting and be going through things but it’s never okay to pressure or manipulate someone else to do something by using self harm or other things against them. That’s not fair to anyone.

So I definitely would seek out a school counselor to help you with this given situation. So you don’t have to handle it alone. And she can be handled with care by someone trained to handle these situations. Or even a teacher or a principal.

I’m so sorry you’re both going through this. And thanks for reaching out. We are here for you! Keep us updated okay! We want you both to be okay.
Hold fast

Hey there!
That sounds like a tough situation to be in. And I totally agree with DearKoyangi about it. Be honest with this girl and let her know how you feel about her. But if you’re not ready for a relationship, tell her that as well. Don’t get yourself more involved than you feel you’re ready simply because of her actions. Who knows? Maybe letting her know how you feel may cause her to do something different and it’ll be helpful.

Also, yeah, I’d try to bring this up to a school counselor or a teacher that you’d trust if there are any available. That would be really helpful to hear their advice as well.

We’re always here for you friend and we want you to know you and this girl are never alone. Hope to hear back from you soon!

Hold fast, we believe in you.
Eran

1 Like

Thanks for the advice guys but i made a decision and well now we are dating and we are both happy

1 Like