A letter to my younger self

today in therapy, my therapist had me (mentally) talk to my younger self. I decided, since I am not always good at words in the moment, to write a letter to my younger self. and then burn it because FIRE. (safely)
I don’t know all that I will say. I do know that i wish she knew it would be okay and to not worry.

UPDATE
I BURNT MY FAVORITE SOCK AND IM MAD AND SAD. ITS MY MANDALORIAN HELMET SOCK AND I WAS WEARING BAD SHOES AND I KNOW IT AND IT COULD HAVE BURNT ME BUT NOW IM JUST A;KHRGALE;RHGKIAEHRG

3 Likes

I’m sorry about your sock!!

But I think this was a really good idea! I hope you found the process therapeutic, other than the sock bit.

3 Likes

Oh @sakurasangel, I’m sorry about your sock! Thankfully you’re not hurt, but I hear the frustration and I’m sorry that happened. :frowning:

I hope the exercise helped a little though. It’s indeed a very interesting way to reconnect with this inner child that sometimes craves for a lot of safety, love and compassion. A first step to reconnect with some vulnerable parts of yourself. As Jezlie said, there’s a real potential for it to be very therapeutic in the long run. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

i told my therapist and her response was she was glad i was ok and she owes me a sock :joy:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.