A locked memory coming back TW: Assault

In 2016 I had a security job.
4 floor garage.
I also had a stalker at the location. I had to leave cause it was too much. But last night I had a terrible memory I had locked away came back.

It was the last week I worked there. The guy in question was stalking me, no matter what I did. I knew there was a locked door I had access too but he didn’t. I could use it to sneak away from him.The top 3 floors had cameras everywhere, the 4th…not so much.This hiding area, was on that floor. On my way to that area he came up behind me.
He knocked me out. I think it was a pipe?
I was only out for what left like a minute or two at most. But by the time I came too he was already stripping me, my shirt undone.
All security guards are “armed” in one way or another, I had pepper spray. So I used it and Ran to the locked staircase, redressed, and went back up to the top floor. Then locked myself in the boiler room.
I was a mess, sobbing, panicking, I ended up getting sick. So I called my boss and requested the rest of the day off since I had gotten Ill.
I didn’t tell anyone what he did.
I just told them he was stalking me, It was handled as it should have.
I feel like that moment stopped me from wanting to get another Job. I was hurt, attacked, I didn’t trust anyone. So I lied and said I was putting in applications, and never did. I never wanted to work again. I never wanted to have that happen again.

I don’t know what to do with myself now that this memory has come back into light. I don’t know where the guy is, his name anything. I know the place I worked at no longer exists. I just feel disgusting, and ashamed. I know in time I can get past this, it just hurts so much now that I have this back in my memory. to put with the pile of other assaults on me.

I just needed this to be out, so I can start healing past this like everything else. In time.

Thanks for reading.

@LadyTapioca
so sorry this has happened to you , this isnt okay . I know it sucks having memories come back from the past , its going to be okay and it will be okay . It may be hard now but in the future things will get better!
Hold fast you’re worth it!
-Ashley

1 Like

Ladtap I love you! I’m so proud of you for making this post. I’ve had the resurfacing memory thing happen to me - especially the moment that it first clicked that I was assaulted. And since then, I’ve still had memories come back to me - ones I’ve replayed over and over, occasionally new ones, sometimes triggered and sometimes out of the blue.

I know that you know this, but sometimes we all need a reminder: you do not deserve what happened to you. It’s not your fault. This person isn’t deserving of your time, energy, or thoughts. Try your best to focus on you and do what you need to heal. You are strong and resilient.

If you want to talk more, send me a message on discord.

hold fast <3

love,
sophic

1 Like