A month later

Hello everyone. After dealing with the stress and helping my significant other copes, I was able to pull myself out of it! Thank you for the advice, everyone! I admit this isn’t the first I was heavily depressed. They were some months I felt like this but, after dealing with it. I was starting to have a lighthearted heart. If you ever wanna know how I did it, it’s constantly writing stories and chapters. Try to ease up on life by hanging out with my buddies. Taking some advice from them as well. Right now, I’m currently finishing up a chapter from a book I wrote in February. Feel free to check it out if you like!

The Enemy Within Us

Besides the book writing, I’ve been continuing to reflect on myself quite a lot more than I should be. In fact, I just finished 13 Reasons Why to realize how I can relate to their situation. It was a lot to take in, I admit. But I felt like it scrutinized how teens would be in life. Trying to change… Trying to search… Trying anything to understand something but, sometimes misunderstood the other. I dunno know, feeling like this is a Ted Talk, heh. Anywho. I’m starting to lighten up and continue to improve myself until I’ve accepted myself in a positive way!

6 Likes

Hey @Lonewolf1997,

Thank you so much for sharing these updates. What a joy! You’ve certainly found your way through a dark season. It’s so good to hear about your progress but also how you’ve been reflecting on it. The things that have helped you are such a positive combination of connection and creativity - which is such a powerful outlet to learn to be at peace with ourselves. Just like you describe with 13 Reasons Why characters, healing is also a journey made of times when wander… a lot, and just try to figure out our own way.

I hope you are proud of yourself and of your journey. There is a lot of wisdom and thoughtfulness through your words. Keep doing what brings you joy. Keep reaching out when you need it. You are so very loved. :hrtlegolove:

4 Likes

Hello Lonewolf,

I am so proud of you. This is a lovely update. Writing is an amazing way to be creative & share that creativity with the world. I would encourage you to find some venues to share your writings. One place that many authors use is comic cons or other kinds of cons, plus you have some human interactions. Just a small suggestion to try out!

Thank you for the update. Keep being you. You are valid. You are enough. You matter.

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

What a great progress post!

I am so happy to hear that writing has helped you! It can be a very helpful and powerful outlet and I’m so proud of you for doing this!

Also great to hear that you’re going to keep on improving and growing. If this is a Ted Talk, then it’s the best kind to have, friend! You matter and thank you for sharing this with us!

5 Likes

Hey Friend, thank you for this inspiring post, its lovely to hear how you have made changes and progressed during the last month, I think thats pretty awsome how you have managed to go from such a dark spot to a much lighter one. I will check out your book for sure. I think your post could offer a lot of people comfort and show them a way forward so I thank you for that. I wish you all the very best and continued success in the future with you writing. Much Love Lisalovesfeathers. x

3 Likes

hi lonewolf!

i am so incredibly proud of you for the progress and this update on how you conquered the obstacles in your path with strength, perseverance, and creativity! thank you for sharing your hard work you’ve put into The Enemy Within Us. bookmarked it for later and looking forward to reading it! the coping techniques of using written art to vent out your emotions is fantastic and i’m so thankful you have that outlet as well as great friends to hang with.

wishing you all the luck i can as you continue your journey of self-acceptance and leading a better life for you. this is no easy task and i can’t even imagine the amount of hard work you’ve put into yourself to get to this point but… you made it. you’re here. you’re writing books and spending time with loved ones. i’m so happy for you, my friend! keep pushing forward, can’t wait to hear from you soon!

love,
twix

3 Likes

Hey @Lonewolf1997! This is a great update to read. <3

I’m not familiar with your story up to this point, but I’m really happy to hear that things are on the upswing for you now. The things you’re describing sound like great ways to cope; channelling your energy into writing and spending time with friends, letting them help you with kind words of their own, and the introspection you’ve been engaged in. It’s all wonderful. <3

Figuring out who we are and how we fit into the world is a big one. It’s a never-ending process in some ways, but it’s definitely a worthwhile one. If you feel like sharing some of what you’ve figured out about yourself, I’ll be happy to listen. I also think it’s worth mentioning that if you’ve had depressive periods in the past, repeatedly, it may be worth talking to a therapist about that just to see what’s going on and what you can do protect yourself in the future. That’s just something to think about, all in all it sounds like you’re doing a really good job. <3

Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

Thank you. So, previously. I was having a difficult time dealing with some stress and was greatly disheartened by what happened. I was trying my best to help her cope and myself cope. But I had to use the time to mostly wrote those feelings down in a story.

Here’s the link: In a rough spot

2 Likes