A new type of feeling!?

I have been dealing with anxiety and depression all my life. Almost every time anxiety or depression hit me I would eventually pick myself back up from the ground and gain strength again. Now it’s really tough and I can’t pick myself back up. I have alot to live for and I have children but life isn’t fun anymore. I find no interest in anything anymore. I’m miserable and unhappy. I go to therapy and have medicine for the onset of anxiety but it doesn’t fix that feeling deep inside me. I’m just done and can’t enjoy anything anymore. I’m depressed about life and I think negative about everything and I think everyone hates me . Please I need advice??? I need a solution. Plz

Hey Mooseman,

First I want you to know that you are so loved, and wanted and your life matters! Don’t ever feel like you are alone, or that people don’t see you! I am here, I see you, I see your pain, and you are not alone! You are loved, and you matter, and your story matters! So please please don’t give up.

I’m kind of in the same boat right now, feeling similar. And my advice to you is the same advice I’ve been given, if you can’t swim right now that’s okay just float and ride the waves til you can find the energy to begin swimming, but just don’t let yourself sink. And I know that sometimes it feels impossible, believe me I feel like I’m drowning. But the community is here for you, we love you!

Depression does that, depression makes us not enjoy the things that we used to. But don’t that make you feel defeated, I’m struggling with that right now. Try to find things to keep your mind busy, keep doing those things you used to enjoy, and try to spend some time with your kiddos. I know that I love just going and hanging out with my friends kids when I’m struggling because seeing them laugh and smile just lights up my world.

I encourage you to identify the lies that you are believing, and know that I’m saying this in love. I’m going to help point some of them out! 1) “i can’t pick myself up” 2) “i can’t enjoy anything anymore” 3) “I think everyone hates me” Now why it’s important to identify these lies, is because this is what we believe when we are deep in our depression, and struggling. Now to identify the truths, everyone doesn’t hate you, rather you are loved and important. You can pick yourself up, and we believe in you, and will be here to help you in anyway possible. And you can enjoy things, and you will, it takes time, but this isn’t defeat and this isn’t the end of your story!

Please remember that you are loved, that you are valued, and that we believe in you! Please don’t give up! I believe in you and I’m cheering for you! You are not alone my friend!

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It!

Love Always,
Monkey

1 Like

Hi friend.

I’ve definitely been there myself. I want you to know that you are most certainly not alone. You are so loved, seen, heard, and supported here. Stay strong and hold fast.

Much love,
Neon <3

1 Like