Aaron Gillespie from Underoath interview about mental health struggles 28th April 2023

This is so important and to know what we need to constantly check in on those around us

I struggle with both. I’ve learned something that I always avoided but talking with others helps. That and jiu jitsu which increases and then calms my anxiety a ton :joy: it’s weird.

So relatable :heart::face_holding_back_tears:… a struggle that we will have for the rest of our lives. I’m just Just learning the methods to cope with it.

🫶🏾🫶🏾🫶🏾🫶🏾=================

I was on medication for anxiety too. Jiu jitsu saved me. 3 years in, no medication, and I’ve learned how to handle and manage my anxiety. More powerful than suppressing it!

Same same same same same. Power and peace to you homie🫱🏻‍🫲🏼

I love this. I have been drowning these past few weeks and really it’s so hard to ask for help and the timing of this couldn’t be any more perfect. Thank you for your courage and sharing, @aaronrgillespie

I’m gonna be 32 and I also deal with anxiety and on meds and go to therapy for it. Some days are better than others but it’s good to have good support like my family and bff. It’s a process and something I deal with everyday.

Can absolute relate and it’s why I do the work I do towards better mental health education every day.

:heart:=======================

All love aaron!!=========

Virtuoso legend !========

:black_heart::blue_heart::black_heart:======================

Yes!!! Normalize getting help and continuing to get help!!! Love this. as a therapist, who also sees a therapist, i 100% agree, we need to normalize continuous work on our mental health :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

Talk about James.========

:heart:=======================

I have anxiety and turn it into aggression and irritability to loves around me. Yes to asking for help and getting help daily if I could. Mental health is key

Thanks bud!==============

Damn I’m glad my algorithm put this in my feed. Always have been an Underoath fan, also a drummer, and stuggle with mental health. Very relatable message, keep being awesome brother!

Thought this was @chrisjerichofozzy for a second :joy: