Abuse as a child

Sorry for posting so much recently especially since I posted something earlier today.

So this has been a hard thing for me to write because I don’t want to say that I was abused and come across as insulting to others that have truly experienced some awful shit, but I was beaten with a belt a lot until I became a teenager, a pretty vivid memory I have is one time I was hit so hard and started crying so hard to the point I couldn’t breathe for a minute and then was told that I was being dramatic and faking, and I personally believe my father emotionally abused me and the rest of my family for years I honestly still get pretty freaked out when I hear adults start yelling. Anyways like I said I’m sorry if what I’m saying is dumb and comes across as insensitive to those who have been through much worse. This honestly the first time I’ve ever really talked about this to anyone other than my siblings.

4 Likes
  • post as often as you need to. We are HAPPY to see tour psot and to know that they help you to cope, express or process your feelings and thoughts.

• you never have to feel bad about sharing with us. We’re here to support you!

• abuse exists in maby many forms. Experiencing one type doesnt make it less traumatic or painful or hurting than another type. Please dont feel that you need to apologize for the hurt you experienced. No child should ever be hurt, especially by their family.

• it is heartbreaking to hear what you went through. I am truly sorry that your father’s parenting skills and maybe even his personality or upbringing made him think that that mistreatment was ever okay. It is not.

• yelling is such an inyense trigger isn’t it? I think it brings back all the feelibgs of terror and fear, and i truly sympathize with you. You never deserved that. No child ever does.

• these terrible choices were made by your father, it does not reflect you or your worth. I hope that by sharing here, you will be able to start the mental healing journey from it. A therapist can help with this too if you need to have another safe space to work through this.

• thank you for your bravery in sharing this. I am sure there are many others who can relate to some of this. I hope it can bring you some comfort to open up here.

• you matter and you’re loved.

2 Likes

Thanks I was really worried I made a mistake posting this but your comment really helped me feel like it wasn’t.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for sharing here. I simply want to say that you are Valid in talking about this! It is not dramatization to talk about something that clearly affects you. This is a safe space and you are welcome.

2 Likes

Hey there, lonelyfreak :hrtlegolove:

Sita says it best but I wanted to come add my own words. You are definitely welcome to post as much or as little as you want and feel like doing so. Please never feel like you post too much!

As for thinking that you have no right to feel the way you do or express your own trauma because someone may have experienced worse is a very negative way to think. Mental health and trauma is not a competition for who has the worst situation in life. Especially as that is a contest that cannot be measured and should never be attempted. What matters is how you feel and what you have experienced in your life and how it affects you. Please don’t negate yourself in this way.

You are valid and so is your past. You are strong and you matter. Please keep posting and please be kind to yourself and your journey of healing. You are a wonderful person :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Hi Friend, You just described what I went thru but instead of a belt, I got the metal coat hanger. For me this was 40-45yrs ago, so I’ve pretty much healed from that and it just pisses me off now, but for a long time it did effect me very negatively. He was mostly and still is emotionally abusive, so I have very limited contact with him now. So, I want you to know that you’re not alone and I see you. You NEVER have to apologize for posting what is in your heart here because you matter, your emotions matter and what is in your heart matters. You are loved. ~Mystrose

1 Like

lonelyfreak, I’m so sorry for what was done to you as a chiild. No child should have to live in fear of a parent and what punishment you’ll receive. Please don’t be sorry for speaking up, you deserve to be heard. You are incredibly brave for speaking and telling what has happened to you. You are not alone in this and please know that you are welcome to speak about this as much as you need to. You matter.

Hi Friend, thank you for posting, Firstly can I say that you have absolutely nothing to say sorry for, this wall, this forum is here for you to write your thoughts on, its doesnt matter what other people write about, your thoughts and feelings are just as important and valued. I am so sorry that you went through that as a child, it was unnecessary and cruel and completely unacceptable for anyone to do that to another person especially their own child. If you feel this is playing on your mind too much and you want to talk to someone about it then it might be worth seeking some talk therapy. if not you are welcome to post here anytime you wish. You are a wonderful brave person. Thank you . xxx

1 Like