Abuse, Mental Health issues, Homeless, No Income, Lack of Support

I left a DV situation with immediate relatives which resulted in me becoming homeless
Had to legally/morally report on behalf of others / I reported animal hoarding situation that I lived in which contributed to me deciding to risk being homeless
Tried multiple times to go to DV Shelter different times during the months after leaving abusive household & before, always said full, wouldn’t take me because Not as high of priority?, and now since they haven’t So Far found me, would Not be allowed to stay at DV Shelter, but may still try to get into one
Experienced what I would say was emotional abuse at homeless shelter relating to my mental health disability(ies), they gave me an exit date after my stay there without caring where I may go
Didn’t get diagnosed with mental health diagnoses before due to relatives who already were Not understanding regarding supecting my mental health issues (couldn’t hide them anymore) & would most likely tell others about diagnoses if I had gotten official diagnoses then without me saying if would be okay
I have No/lack of family/friend support exactly right now
I have mental/physical related issues
I applied for disability benefits, but waiting for it to process
I may need some treatment before maintaining a job, but plan to maybe try and get one
I have years of trauma & seem to Not be able to catch a break
I struggle with suicidal ideation and self harm thoughts, and have multiple mental health diagnoses
I went to inpatient place recently, people with power there (Not the people who medically cared for me) pushed for my discharge before I could figure out getting into a long-term inpatient/residential treatment place for my specific diagnoses
I could go to a shelter, but things can/could be triggering, like I said - I felt need long-term care, but I hear will be difficult to get into one
I can try to get to short term mental health place again (I did try already though), but may Not work out
I am struggling with so many factors working against me
In a hotel right now before going to have to leave Not sure when a shelter will have availability
Wanting to trust God This is a very difficult time in my life, hopefully I push through
If anyone could give me advice or point me to resources or help me out in some way, that would be great, I might end up on streets, As a Woman, I have anxiety about that

3 Likes

Im so so sorry this has been such a hard and ongoing struggle for you. It’s not fair that you can’t have the right resources to protect you and your mental health.

Im not sure what your resources where you are look like. I could offer suggestions, but thats only my knowledge on where I am. Im grateful where I live there are resources that could help with DV and with disability care.
We also have lines like 1800 RESPECT,
You could potentially try Alliance for Hope Here
End Violence against Women Here
Or Hot Peach Pages Here

The pixel project also have a list of international resources that could hopefully be helpful Here

If there is any other way we can support you, please let us know. You’re loved and you matter!

2 Likes

Monarch.Nightmare It sounds like you have been going through quite a rough time with having to leave your home due to the DV and living situation. I’m so sorry. Navigating the homeless and mental health systems, especially for the first time can be really difficult. There are so many rules and requirements for each type of shelter or care. I don’t know where you live but we do have a resources page here at heart support that you could look through to find some additional help. Look at the top of the main website page and click under get help and then crisis resources. Also look under any of those other topics and you may find something that helps. And of course, come back in and let us know how you are doing. This is a safe place to talk about what is happening. You matter and I wish you well my friend.

Hi Friend, welcome to Heart Support and thank you for posting. I’m sorry you are having a rough time with housing. I see you’ve applied for Disability, I hope you are approved quickly. I feel like that will help you a lot. I would also contact your counties Behavior Health Department and see if there are half way houses and or therapy programs that you might qualify for. I hope you can get things figured out and that you are staying safe. Please let us know how things are going, you matter! ~Mystrose

2 Likes

Hi Friend, Welcome to HeartSupport, I am so sorry that you were in a DV situation to start with but what you did regarding reporting the situation with animals took courage. It clearly has put you now though in a very difficut predicament and one I myself do not have a lot of experience with. I have of course had dealing with the MH system but not the housing side of things but listening to others that do have more experience, the most important thing to do is to wait to get your benefit and once that goes through everything else should go a lot more smoothly, Do not just let it ride though. I dont know where you are but im in the UK and sometimes you have to keep on a bit to get things done. In the meantime, please lean on those friends and family to keep you housed and safe. Good luck to you. Lisa. x

1 Like