Abusive relationships

I am an adult. I am being emotionally psychologically and verbally abused. I also have a mental illness. I was abused as child/teen also. I don’t know that I am in immediate danger, but I feel like I need to get help. I’ve reached out to a lot of people. Not sure how to go about getting the help I need. I keep doubting the severity of the past sexual abuse because a few times it was only attempts or just violation of privacy. Not sure if that constitutes abuse or not.

1 Like

Hey @savs,

It breaks my heart to hear that you are currently emotionally abused, but also that this is someting you already experienced before. No one has the right to do that. You are deserving of love, care and respect by the people around you. And even though you might not be in immediate danger, this need for help is enough to be heard. You said you reached out to a lot of people. Would it be okay for you to share a bit about it, about your situation and the country you live in? There are services and organizations out there that might be useful to you depending on your current situation.

Also:

I keep doubting the severity of the past sexual abuse because a few times it was only attempts or just violation of privacy. Not sure if that constitutes abuse or not.

When it’s about abuses, there are legal definitions that are needed to eventually take legal actions against the people who hurt you. But there’s also your definition, how you choose to name what happened, and more importantly how you feel about it. As for your current situation, if you want to talk about what happened to you in the past, know that this is a safe place to do so - and there’s nothing to be ashamed of. No obligation though. And if you’d like to share about it privately, that’s okay too. In any case, this community is here with you, okay? You’re not alone.

I’m sending all the hugs to you. :hrtlegolove:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.