Actually-i-can-relate-i-m-starting-to-get-back-on

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/35351
Actually I can relate I’m starting to get back on my feet I’ve been struggling with depression after I almost died in a car crash decent last year and this month I’ve made major progress from not getting a lot done to know getting a side job and fixing my apartment up and I’m able to fight my negative thoughts better i use the power of music the song that helped me a lot through my depression would be perseverance by hatebreed whenever the thoughts come back I read those lyrics in my head this post helped me a lot through my struggles I’m slowly but surely bouncing back and I feel a lot better and stronger more confident in fighting negatived also I’ve looked up to the interview from Alice cooper and he’s been a huge role model and helping me become better as a person the phase I wrote down that keeps me is ‘I treat the janitor like I would the bass player he’s a star’ Alice cooper

2 Likes

that’s so scary going through that. I’m so glad you’re here and sharing this with us. Glad because despite the trauma you’ve gone through, you’ve found a source of hope in the world and not only that, you’re using that source to be a light to others

1 Like

Hi Friend, Thank you for your message, Im so sorry about the car crash, thats dreadful but you have been amazing in your recovery and the fact that you have used music and the words from these songs to help you to stay strong is brilliant. Keep doing what you are doing. You are wonderful. Much Love Lisa x

1 Like

What a frightening thing to go thru, I’m so happy that you are still here with us and sharing your story. It’s awesome that the lyrics of a song can help us thru our struggles isn’t it? Alice Cooper rocks!

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, friend. Traumatic experiences like that take time to process through, but it sounds like you are on the healing path. Keep on rocking it, and let us know how you’re doing. We’re always here to sing backup for you!

1 Like

I’m so sorry that you were in a crash that almost killed you. That you are now on the recovery side of things and working through the trauma and depression after shows how strong you are. Thank you for sharing your struggle and your strength. Keep listening to the music. And I’m a big Alice Cooper fan right along with you.

1 Like

hey friend, thank you for sharing your journey and struggles with depression with this community. i’m so sorry to hear about your car crash. i’m so thankful you’re here and continuing to make huge progress in your life. the progress you’ve shared is INCREDIBLE - please take a moment to feel proud of yourself because you deserve it! pairing your strength with music seems like a powerful combo. keep fighting on and conquering your goals. you’re doing amazing. love, twix

That’s so much to go through, but it’s awesome to hear that you’re staying resilient in the face of these difficult experiences. I love that quote and hope music continues helping you through all this. Thank you for sharing with us!

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about that awful experience you had to go through. It’s taken great bravery to speak about this to everyone, and grand resilience to push through these hard times. I can relate to using music as a coping skill, there’s nothing wrong with that if it helps!

Keep on doing great work, friend! I’m rooting for you!

1 Like

@heartsupportwall4 I of course no problem I believe in helping others who are struggling because I’m always trying to be better than the negative environment in the world show people that even at the darkest times theirs a light at the end of the tunnel